WD Live is not fit for purpose

OK Tony, thanks for the honest reply. Bear in mind that the number of people that actually take the time to contact the support centre will be the tip of the iceberg. Most people won’t bother, or won’t know how, and will simpy put up with these problems. Reading through the Smartware forum especially makes me very dubious about there being a small percentage of people experiencing problems.

Maybe I’ve just been really unlucky but in the few weeks I’ve owned this I’ve had major problems with WD Smartware, the MBL drive itself, the WDPhotos app and the WD2Go Pro app, and all I’ve wanted to do is upload files to the thing and access them. Yes, it has been incredibly frustrating, and it has been exacerbated by certain individuals trolling the forum taking issue with anyone who reports these problems. Unbelievably I was even on the receiving end of an aggressive reply telling me that I should have known that WDSmartware is unusable and should not post a complaint about it!

On the plus side, the green light had stopped flashing this evening and I can now get to the UI even though it is so slow it is practically unusable. However I have at least been able to turn on SSH. I am really struggling to understand how you can’t replicate these problems when all I’ve done is copy files to one folder on the MBL after a factory reset.