Occasional Visitor
plantdood

WD 2 Go Access Error

I have an error when I try to access my wd2go wirelessly from a remote location. When I click on my device shown under my account it opens the password screen, I type it in. Then It says shares, there is a white screen where the folders are going to be and it says, error click for details. So I click on that and it gives me a Application Error popup it says,  ClassNotFoundException

com.wd.nas4g.mapdrive.MapDrive.class

Details, Ignore, Reload

I click on details and It brings up a java console.

That's it.

I need this resolved ASAP please.

account.PNG

picture.PNG

Honored Contributor
TonyPh12345

Re: WD 2 Go Access Error

Although we can't see your images until a moderator approves them, I'm guessing from your description that your Java Runtime Environment needs to be updated or re-installed.

Go into Add / Remove programs.

Sort by PUBLISHER.

Look for ORACLE and / or SUN.

Then look for Jave (something) Update (something) and remove all instances you find.

Reboot as needed during the uninstalls.   If the uninstalls don't require a reboot, reboot anyway when you're done uninstalling the last one.

Then go to www.java.com and install.

===Live SMP / Live Hub x2 / Live+ / Live x2 / 24 TBytes of QNAP + WD NAS ===
Occasional Visitor
plantdood

I have done that and it still has that error. I have Java 7 update 9.

Honored Contributor
nfodiz

64bit or 32bit? I had trouble with 64bit java but when I installed 32bit it worked great.
Click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts and be sure to come back and 'Accept as Solution' under options for the post that solved your issue.
Occasional Visitor
plantdood

I don't know what they gave me. I just clicked download java. My computer is windows 7 32 bit though.

Honored Contributor
nfodiz

It gave you 32bit then...

I'm not sure what else to try
Click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts and be sure to come back and 'Accept as Solution' under options for the post that solved your issue.
Occasional Visitor
plantdood

This is the first time this happends, I tried it through ie, but im going to try it through firefox.

Occasional Visitor
plantdood

Yep its not the browser issue, I tried ie, chrome, and firefox. Either its a problem with java or the thing itself.

Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2014 Western Digital Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Community Terms of Service | Site Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD