Very high Load_Cycle_Count (over 5 000 in less than 180h)

Jazzymood, I’m a bit of a newbie to Linux not not a non-tech. How does one compile this utility directly on the MBL?

I’ve got the source files but it seems the necessary bits to compile idle3ctl ain’t on my MBL.

Can you or someone please assist?  Maybe compille it for me and send it?

Failing that who’s opened a MyBookLive to get at the drive inside?  I’ve got the utility on a bootable CD.  The hassle will be connecting the drive to a computer, configuring the idle parameter it off the bootable CD and then reconnecting the drive back in the MyBookLive case, but if their cases are like most others then they are easy to clip together but an ar*e -hole to open without breaking any bits of plastic.

Additional:  Seems it’s very easy to download, install and remove applications (treading carefully so as not to wake any dragons!) as I’ ve downloaded and installed the make package but which version of gcc package do I need to install to compile idle3ctl?  Once I got idle3ctl then I can remove the make and gcc packages to put things back to as they were.  Can anyone help?

1 Like