Vlc

Hi,
I have a Linux satellite receiver from which I record TV shows to my MBL, on playback HD files stutter, SD files are fine. The satellite box has VLC player so I’m thinking I could use this to “turn down” the quality for playback.
Anyone know how I can get VLC player onto tithe NAS so that the satellite box can see it?

Cheers,

Keith

Don’t know a lot about Linux, but you can check the link below for some suggestion on how to improve your transfer speed. Check the link below. 

When transferring large files to or from the My Book Live performance may be slower than expected

Thanks for your help but the link isn’t really relevant, it’s not about the MLB being slow, rather the satellite box.
Cheers,
Keith.

I’m trying to wrap my head around your question but I’m not sure exactly what you are trying to do. Are you wanting to install VLC on the MBL and stream from there? If so it would be a no go as the MyBookLive hardware is not powerful enough. If you are trying to do something else, could you please explain a little better? VLC seems like it would be possible to get on the MBL but with the hardware limitations I’m not sure it would do whatever you are trying to do.

Just to give you a better idea of what I mean, I have installed subsonic as well as serviio and both fail miserably at transcoding video to a DLNA device. If no transcoding is required, it MAY be possible to do whatever it is you are looking to do