Unable to delete folders after making various system changes

So I’ll break this down into two sections: what I’m having problems with, and everything i changed all at once.

First, the problem: I am unable to delete folders. I can delete the items in the folders, but not the folders themselves. I get an error saying that the folder is in use. If i try to delete multiple folders, it will delete everyting in the first folder it attempts, then hit that error and stop the delete, leaving the first folder empty, and all remaining folders intact.

Second, my recent system changes: I just upgraded from OS 10.6.something to Mavericks. It was a Hard upgrade, complete wipe. As such I had to reinstal drivers, which is when I noticed the new firmware, which I installed. I’m not sure which upgrade could be causing the problem, or maybe it is some interaction between them. It may help to know that I am logged in as the admin account. I have had the problem on wifi and hardwired.

So is it that nobody has seen this or that nobody knows what to do with it?

in the event that there is no solution is there a way i can reset the drive?

Bad_Wolf wrote:

So I’ll break this down into two sections: what I’m having problems with, and everything i changed all at once.

First, the problem: I am unable to delete folders. I can delete the items in the folders, but not the folders themselves. I get an error saying that the folder is in use. If i try to delete multiple folders, it will delete everyting in the first folder it attempts, then hit that error and stop the delete, leaving the first folder empty, and all remaining folders intact.

Second, my recent system changes: I just upgraded from OS 10.6.something to Mavericks. It was a Hard upgrade, complete wipe. As such I had to reinstal drivers, which is when I noticed the new firmware, which I installed. I’m not sure which upgrade could be causing the problem, or maybe it is some interaction between them. It may help to know that I am logged in as the admin account. I have had the problem on wifi and hardwired.

Disconnect the share and reboot the MBL, that should erase the folder and all permissions.