Unable to create safepoint since firmware upgrade

Hi folks - first time poster so please bare with me.

I am having issues creating a safepoint from my MBL 2TB

I have followed the instructions and cant get it to work. I can navigate to the Drive and start to create a safepoint where I click discover. It DOES find my PC and it does accept my username and password that allows me to see the shared folders. I select the folder i want to user on the PC (the on to backup TO) and then click create now.

It then asks for a Device Share username and password.

Now I have tried every username and password for every share that i have on the MBL - I have also created a new test share (with and without a private share) and also created test users (with and without apsswords) and NONE of them are accepted. I have also tried the desitnation PC username and password, the admin password of the MBL and the PC and the router password (just in case). All failed to work and I get an error which states:

" 35304 - Invalid username or password. Please enter your credentials again to continue."

I cannot get this working but it WAS working before teh recent upgrade. It is currently on Version:MyBookLive 02.43.03-022 : Core F/W

I have tried a factory reset, static and DHCP IP addresses, checking for updates, everything i have found on WD forums and google and I cannot get it working

Can anyone PLEASE offer me some assistance or suggestions and apologies if i have missed any pertinent information.

Thanks

Gaz

thecyberclinic wrote:

Hi folks - first time poster so please bare with me.

I am having issues creating a safepoint from my MBL 2TB

I have followed the instructions and cant get it to work. I can navigate to the Drive and start to create a safepoint where I click discover. It DOES find my PC and it does accept my username and password that allows me to see the shared folders. I select the folder i want to user on the PC (the on to backup TO) and then click create now.

It then asks for a Device Share username and password.

Now I have tried every username and password for every share that i have on the MBL - I have also created a new test share (with and without a private share) and also created test users (with and without apsswords) and NONE of them are accepted. I have also tried the desitnation PC username and password, the admin password of the MBL and the PC and the router password (just in case). All failed to work and I get an error which states:

" 35304 - Invalid username or password. Please enter your credentials again to continue."

I cannot get this working but it WAS working before teh recent upgrade. It is currently on Version:MyBookLive 02.43.03-022 : Core F/W

I have tried a factory reset, static and DHCP IP addresses, checking for updates, everything i have found on WD forums and google and I cannot get it working

Can anyone PLEASE offer me some assistance or suggestions and apologies if i have missed any pertinent information.

Thanks

Gaz

Have you tried the admin username and password?

Hi
Yes I have tried all admin usernames and passwords. The one for the my book live drive, the admin for the destination pc and the admin for the router.

I can access the shares via windows and mac with the relevant usernames and transfer without issue. I can also ftp without issue to the same shares with the same details I am using.

I just can’t get the safepoint working. I did have this working BEFORE the firmware update but since then it will not accept ANY user details I try.

Many thanks
Gaz

Hi Folks 

thanks for the suggestion

WD have replied and told me to take the drive bacl for a refund and excahnge

they offered to swap through their warranty program but it is less than 7 days old.  apprently there is an issue with safepoint and the new firmware.

Thanks for all the help but it was the firmware that was the issue nothing that i was doing. 

gaz

Just curious on how everything worked out for you.

I am in the midst of a similar problem as described by you in the OP. My Safepoint backups completes with errors ever since I upgraded the firmware.

I referenced your post to WD Support and they report the contrary–no known hardware / software issues related to the latest firmware. In the same message, they did provide me with their RMA link to have the unit replaced.

I am wondering if you replaced your unit and if you did, were you able to get Safepoint to work correctly again? If so, what firmware version are you running?