Unable to access my book live shares java problem

Hi can anyone please help after just running the update from java I am unable to log into my book live it takes email and the password OK but then just spins a java symbol and a box comes up with unsigned application and gives me the to option to run but java just keeps spinning round I have reinstalled java about half a dozen times now but still have no access

many thanks

bj

1byron1,

Based on your post I am inclined to believe this is related to remote web access via WDMyCloud. JAVA is a crucial component for the graphical user interface, so any registry issue or plugin conflict blocking proper JAVA execution will unfortunately result in the inability to access the service. Have you tried with different internet browsers?

2 Likes

Hi thanks for the reply I have tried using chrome but after logging in the java applet just keeps spinning round for everĀ 

regards bj

This happens with me, it is an incompatibility with the latest version of Chrome and Safari 7.0 / 6.1. Safari 6.0 works fine.

Riscon wrote:

it is an incompatibility with the latest version of Chromeā€¦

Iā€™m using Chrome 30.0.1599.101, and the latest release of Java (Release 7 Update 45)ā€¦

So I donā€™t think thatā€™s really the case.

This is on OSX, not windows. Java is not supported in Chrome as it is not 64bit.

Hi thanks for all the replys

does this mean anything to anyone and how to rectify

SOLUTION

You should contact your application provider and ask them to update their application using the instructions below.

Instructions for application provider to resolve the issue

The change in Java 7u25 requires that indexing takes place before signing the JAR files with the certificate. Changing the build routine to index, creating the index.list file, before signing the JAR files resolves this issue.

http://java.com/en/download/help/signedjar_dialog.xml

Regards bj

You are not alone to have this issue. Unfortunately me too. :cry:

Do you have also a WD java certificate

[From: Tue Oct 12 02:00:00 CEST 2010,
Ā To: Sat Sep 21 01:59:59 CEST 2013]?:laughing:

I hope WD will able to answer this!:confounded:

For me, the java message was probably misleading because when I do this from another spot (without firewall), the java message doesnā€™t appears anymoreā€¦

But I found strange WD java certificate has not a valid date, I suppose next update will correct this?

Did you find a solution to this, as I am having the same problem?

no solution yet but wd have gave me a new app to try http://support.wdc.com/product/download.asp?groupid=904&sid=209&lang=enĀ you have to download and install it and you can get into mbl but you have to accept a security warning about an untrustedĀ  certificate I have opened a case for this problem with wd but no answer yet

regards bj

I have exactly this same problem with a brand new MBL stopping me accessing my drive from my laptop when I am out and about. I notice this problem seems only to affect MBL drives with the latest Java update and not MyCloud drives.

Apart from one WD staff message on this thread suggesting to try another browser, over a month has now gone by and there has been no further official feedback.Ā 

Furthermore, if the two Java Certificates warnings I keep getting are to be believed, soon non-verified access, the pop-up warnings of which WD tell us to just ignore, will no longer be supported, requiring a firmware re-write from WD.

Someone else has posted on another WD Community thread that those of us MBL users on firmware 2.x are now ā€œon our ownā€. I donā€™t want this problem to end up with WD pointing the finger of blame at Oracleā€™s newest Java and Oracle pointing it at the MBLā€™s older firmware, whilst I find myself stuck with a Ā£100 door stop!

As my drive is still under a Remote selling sale-or-return option for the next two weeks, unless this situation improves soon I shall be giving it back, saying it simply canā€™t do what it says it can on the box.

regards e

Hi guys, this issue has been escalated, I will reply back to this thread as soon as I get any info.Ā 

2 Likes

Is this the same error as the one I have been getting, which goes something likeā€¦

ā€œThe server directory could not be mounted because it is not WebDAV-enabled, or becuase it does not exhist, or because node does not have proper access.ā€

I have a feeling it may be Oracle/Java based as well?

Any help would be great!

I have had a case open with WD for some weeks now the latest reply from them was

to go and surf the web for a solutionĀ Ā 

I replyed that I have allready done that and thats why IĀ  came to them for the answer

no reply yet

no suprise there

check that your java plugin is working with the website. The latest version of java was blocking many sites that previously it worked just fine with.Ā 

In Firefox, you can click on the little red thing in teh address bar and it will give you the option to enable java for this site.

I too have expereinced similar issues and am about to call their tech support.

I have MacBook Air 11" running Maverick. Java is updated and enabled. And I have accepted all certificates and other warnings of security messages.

Safari will not list the folders under java.Ā 

Firefox will list the folders but when you click the ā€œopen folderā€ it give me what it gives others:

ā€œThis server directory could not be mounted because it is not WebDAV-enabled or because it does not exist, or because node does not have proper access.ā€

Please advise thank you

Do you have the same symptoms with a Windows machine?

Toubleshooting is all about isolating things.

Jumei04 - any update from inside WD?

WD2Go currently works for me (win7, java version:Ā 7.0.450.18, Chrome 31.0.1650.57 m; and through firewalls across internet).

It would be good to know that WD is working on addressing the Java security warning though, particularly given ā€œUnsigned application from the location below is requesting permission to run.Ā  Location: https://mybooklive-devicexxxxxx.wd2go.com. Running unsigned applications like this will be blocked in a future release because it is potentially unsafe and a security riskā€.

Is WD working on a future proof solution to this Java security ā€˜featureā€™ being turned on?

Many thanks,

Will

Hi Will.HC, this issue is still under investigation.Ā 

1 Like