Unable to access MBL remotely via 3g but can connect remotely using Wifi

Hi

As the title suggests, I can use my android phone to connect to the MBL using either the WD 2go or WD Photos apps when away from home and connecting remotely via wifi. It works fine.

However when I have to rely on 3g, it doesn’t connect. Both apps give me the error -

Unable to access device (0)

I have an unlimited data plan on my devices, and have no problems connecting to the internet otherwise.

Is there something I might have missed in the setup ?

Thanks

Update. I just tried another SIM, and was able to connect over 3g.

My unlimited data plan on my phone is with Virgin Mobile (uses Orange / T-Mobile networks). Won’t connect to the MBL

I tried an old pay as you go SIM on the Three network and it let me connect and view files over 3g

It’s obviously network (provider) related, but I just can’t figure out why ?

I have full internet access with Virgin over 3g, but can’t connect to the MBL

stevepturner,

I wish I could give you a definitive answer but have have tried what I would suggest, and unfortunately the issue is related to your service provider. Even with an unlimited data plan, son restrictions on regards to latency on constant back-and-forth connections could be blocked by some contracts.

Well, problem solved. I changed the APN settings on the phone. I’d been using internet on this phone and sim card for ages without any problems, but I found some different setting on the internet. Gave it a go and I’m in and able to view my drive over 3g.

Might be helpful to anyone else who has similar problems.