Twonky is wonky

Day one. New unit and accessed .mp3 and non .MK4 video on Samsung TV. Compatable DLNA! Great!

Day two. Updraded firmware and  Twonky wonky. See it available on TV but folders show nothing. Dashboard shows files. Rescan and rebuild do not help. How do I get the basic working again?

You can try a reset to the MBL.  You may also contact Samsung to see if file types are compatible.

As mentioned, TV DLNA worked well before firmware upgrade. Now I see network drive info but no dashboard access is available. I can access files in MBL and see remotely via other players. Tried repowering device (after 60 seconds) HTTP 500 error with dashboard now.

I have this problem too, after the firmware update my xbox360 and googletv doesn’t show anything when I access the twonky.  Using my pc I can access the twonky server page and access the files but it doesn’t work at all with the media receivers.  Getting really frustrated with this drive, I might just take out all of the files in it and buy a 2 tb harddrive for my computer and put it in there instead… Then buy a hammer and smash this **bleep** apart…

Had some sucess via the Twonky server port (//mybooklive:9000) and setting up the directories manually and saving them. (although the buttons in the HTML page are a weird) Samsung works work with .AVI and photos but .MP3 indicates it’s not supported. Still no //mybooklive/ home page! Should have saved a $100 and just used a 2TB drive in my PC)

I just thought of a temporary or permanent solution.  If you’re using windows, make sure your mybooklive is mounted and with a media server program (even windows media player will work with the media sharing feature) and add the folder from your mybooklive.

I haven’t tried this out yet but I’ll update in a few to see how it works.

In touch with tech support and they said…Reset… ipconfig /flushdns…return unit. BINGO ! No Dashboard so returning it tomorrow. Not a godd product at all!