Twonky Server

How can I disable/remove Twonky server?

“Setting” in the main menu

“Media” in the secondary menu

then uncheck “Twonky Service:”

I tried that, but got the wait timer for over 20 minutes, then even though the check mark was cleared, it still shows “Enabled”.

What about rebooting the device and looking again at the status ?

It still says enabled, but it no longer shows up on  in explorer, so I assume it is no longer active.

I tried to disable Twonky as well since I feel it’s the main problem as to why I can’t view video files on my DNLA enables BluRay.  But once I disabled Twonky, the BluRay no longer could access the MyBook Live.  So disabling really didn’t accomplish anything.

javajay wrote:

I tried to disable Twonky as well since I feel it’s the main problem as to why I can’t view video files on my DNLA enables BluRay.  But once I disabled Twonky, the BluRay no longer could access the MyBook Live.  So disabling really didn’t accomplish anything.

Well, YEAH, if you disable Twonky, NOTHING will be able to connect to it via DLNA.

If Twonky will not do it, try another one. MediaThomb or MiniDLNA.

There is a little bit more effort to establish those, but might be worth it.

Well TonyPh12345, what do you expect people to do?  The software is outdated and WD has no intent on providing the updated version to solve issues, so people are trying all other possible options to make the device workable.

1 Like

Hurra,

Got any links to how to instal other third party sofware on the MyBook Love.  Would love to hear more aobut other optiosn since WD does not want to support Twonky.

As I said look for another DLNA Server. There are some free ones. uShare, MediaThomb and MiniDLNA.

I use MiniDLNA and have not tried the other ones. There is a thread called “MyBook Live Subtitles (srt)” in this forum. Please look there for a first glance. It might solve some of your issues (MiniDLNA is probably one of the simplest DLNA server - probably also with less features than the others). I think one of the members tried MediaThomb to.