Turning off a MBL + others

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if there is a way to create a script/link or whatever to switch off a MBL without entering in the webUI or having installed WQuickView…

I searched around the forum but didn’t found anything like that.

Moreover, it is good to leave the device On when we have no network?
Usually when I’m not at home and I don’t have any task to do in background, I switch off all the network, and that’s takes the MBL to blinking yellow light. In that condition, if you just unplug the power it will cause damages?

Furthermore, is it possible to set (maybe via SSH) which notification the device has to send to my email address?
I’m not interested in receiving notification of power on/reboot, but only of say, Firmware upgrades and so on…

Thanks everyone!

Enable SSH and fire away. You should be able to script it (shutdown and notifications) and even set times via a cronjob. FYI… This units run Debian Lenny Linux distribution, so lots of options, for the advance/willing  user.

http://community.wd.com/t5/My-Book-Live/shutdown-vs-poweroff-Command-Line/m-p/519938

“if you just unplug the power it will cause damages?”

It might, hard to tell really, for the most part it will not. Soft shutdown is the recommended action if possible.