Transferring from one MBL to another

So, long story short… I never thought it would happen but I am getting very close to filling my 2TB My Book Live. I figured… When this happens I will either upgrade it to a 3TB version or get something like a My Book Live Duo. 

Here is my question… How hard is it to transfer the files from one to the other… With that said, would it be easier and better to simply run 2 MBL on the same network?

Thank you for your time. I apologize if this has been asked before. I did some searching and couldn’t find anything.

JWebster wrote:

So, long story short… I never thought it would happen but I am getting very close to filling my 2TB My Book Live. I figured… When this happens I will either upgrade it to a 3TB version or get something like a My Book Live Duo. 

Here is my question… How hard is it to transfer the files from one to the other… With that said, would it be easier and better to simply run 2 MBL on the same network?

Thank you for your time. I apologize if this has been asked before. I did some searching and couldn’t find anything.

• *> * * *
      JWebster wrote:

Yes put both on same network, different static IPs, then do rsync of shares from one to the other.

another option.

http://community.wd.com/t5/My-Book-Live/GUIDE-Enable-FXP-transfers-between-2-MyBookLives/m-p/535436/highlight/true#M18266