Occasional Collector
dmd83

Time Machine backup via OSX Mavericks

Hello,

I am currently running the developer preview of OSX Mavericks, I know running Beta I can't expect support, but when trying to configure Time Machine Backup to MBL NAS I get the following Error:

There was  a problem connecting to the server "My Book Live".

The server may not exist or it is unavailable at this time.  Check the server name or IP address, check your network connection, and then try again.

I know its not the MBL as worked with Mountain Lion, but have tried with multiple Mac Devices, I suspect Apple have changed something in Mavericks, (I know they have made SMB the default over AFP for file access, not sure how this affects Time Machine) but thought I would post on forum to give the WD guys heads up that they may need a new Firmware for Apples next OSX relase.

Staff
Ichigo

Re: Time Machine backup via OSX Mavericks

Hello and welcome,

Thanks for the info, you can also try reporting this issue directly to Apple. 

http://www.apple.com/feedback/macosx.html

Click the Kudos star on the left to say thank you for helpful posts. And be sure to come back to click the 'Accept as Solution' button for the post that solved your issue. This may help someone else.
Staff
cheytac01

Thank you for your post. We are already aware of this issue with OSx 10.9 and will have a solution in a firmware update.

Advisor
Riscon

OSX Mavericks has gone golden ( GM ) can we expect a firmware in the next few days?

Visitor
Elkin

Met in the user's network, which runs on firmware 02.42.02-012
I was very surprised. 'll Wait patch from WD

Visitor
Fallen_Zen

After doing a clean install of Mac OSX Mavericks (Gold Master) I can't use My Book Live as Time Machine on any of my Macs. It seems to work when upgrading from Mountain Lion to Mavericks, not with a clean install. What can I do?

Valued Contributor
whsbuss

Fallen_Zen wrote:

After doing a clean install of Mac OSX Mavericks (Gold Master) I can't use My Book Live as Time Machine on any of my Macs. It seems to work when upgrading from Mountain Lion to Mavericks, not with a clean install. What can I do?

Report it to WD support and hope for a patch

Valued Contributor
whsbuss

A new firmware has been released to address OSX Mavericks time machine.

Visitor
Fallen_Zen

Yes, noticed that yesterday. Good job WD Team :smileywink:

Occasional Visitor
ptrdhs

Will there be a firmware update for the Mybook World white light also?

Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2014 Western Digital Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Community Terms of Service | Site Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD