Storing digital copy of bluray/dvd movies

Just wondering what you can and cannot do with the MBL. I copied from digital disc Fast Furious 5 onto my laptop with Vista OS and then copied the file to the MBL. Was hoping to watch the movie on the surfaceRT, but it won’t let me do this, in either the video app or the WD app!

This stuff is making me feel technologigicaly stupid! Whatever happened to plug and play? I don’t know if it has anything to do with licence or what, but if someone could shed some light on this then it would be fantastic. I’ve deleted the file on the laptop and can watch it from the laptop wirelessly from the MBL using windows media player.

No, you cannot play Digital Copies via DLNA.   They are DRM-protected (encrypted) and can only be played using the software authorized to play them.

Okay. Thanks for the reply. So what videos can I play using the MBL? I haven’t tried music cds yet, but that’s probably a good thing because I favour vinyl for my musical pleasures. I have no problem getting off my bum every 20/25 mins to change sides!

Solution accepted, but if I can’t put a cd onto the MBL and listen to it on surfaceRT then I will be back!

Download VLC Media Player for free, It Streams most all types of media. 

Broman7276 wrote:

Download VLC Media Player for free, It Streams most all types of media. 

That’s the best way I watch .mkv ripped blurays. Works on both my macbook and Win7 laptops.