Some MP4 not seen on Samsung Smart Tv

its very weird but i have mp4 files that i can see and play on my smart tv. But some of the mp4 aren’t even seen by my samsung smart tv. however on my iphone i see them no problem. 

It seems very weird because if it couldnt been played i would still have the option to see them.

I’m getting exactly the same on my LG.  I’ve copied 3 Mpeg-4 movies across - one 995 Mb, one 1.4 GB and one 2.4 GB.  The 1.4Gb plays absolutely fine but the other two won’t play at all on my TV - but they will play fine through my Mac.  They are identical file types - so why won’t they play through my LG TV?

Any suggestions?

If any movie plays fine on a PC, and you also play the movies via the same (share or dnla), chances are the TV does not support that format/codec.

Now, formats, some are mp4, avi, flv, mkv, etc. However, you also have to pay attention to the codec used and if the TV supports them. example: mp4 is a container format, it covers ranges of codec.

i checked one file that i can see/play on my smart tv and one that i can’t both have same codec and audio. Besides my problem is that i can’t even see the video file on my smart tv. Tried today even avi and can’t see them either

update i turned off my book live for 10 min and back on and everything appered. But i need to do that everytime i add ned video. Think i am going to call support for this.