Slow RMA

I bought my 3T My Book Live on Jan 2012 and it wouldn’t let me do anything so I RMA ed it Jan 9 2012. Now it’s Feb 6 2012 and I called and was told it would possibly be another week. WD said they don’t have any in stock  but Vulture Shop has them as do other stores. Is anybody else having the same poor service.

I had to reload my Windows because the Smartware caused so much trouble I couldn’t copy more than one file at a time.

Is any one having problems with thier router? Both routers I used while trying to get the My Book Live working won’t work now. One bogs down the internet and the other won’t work wireless to the laptop.

I don’t use Smartware but it should not be that bad.

Remember that software is optional and you can use the drive the way YOU want.

About the RMA, there is little or nothing us mortals can do for you.

Please contact WD 

http://support.wdc.com/contact/index.asp?wdc_lang=en

1 Like

The stores may have the drives in stock BUT they are not WD’s stock.

You should check the RMA’s expiration date & contact WD if it is close to expiration & get an extension if needed.

I don’t remember how long it took for me but got  my replacement about 2 weeks prior to the expiration date using the advanced RMA mode & prepaid UPS label.  Prior to receiving my drive, I did get an email saying that it may be delayed due to the Thailand floods & stock.

1 Like

Thanks for the info guys.

I’ll check my expiry date.

WD could buy the drives back from Vulture Shop as a good will jesture. The Shopping Channel does. We ordered a suitcase from them and it came from Sears, with a price tag much higher than we paid.

Got a replacement drive (refurb) Feb 21 2012. Works fast, seems OK except QuickView has no menu. Just an "about " button.

Same thing here. MBL 2TB died after 78 days of use. Rythmic clicking and zero ability to access it. RMA’d it and WD shows they received it 01/24 and still showing delayed as of two minutes ago. Pretty crappy service if you ask me.

Yea Jan 9th to Feb. 21 was really slow and mine was dead on arrival. I think 30 days is the maximum legal wait. Anyway I got this one to work with Quickview  by updating the firmware. I’m scared to install Smartware after what happened the first time { had to reinstall XP} and what I’ve read here and elsewhere. Just keep calling them, don’t leave it.

Well I passed 30 days today.

Was at my local Best Buy yesterday and they said they see more MBL’s returned than other similar products from different manufacturers.

Just a bum product. They should have a recall before another one crashes and someone gets hurt.:laughing:

Still can’t get Quickview to run. Uninstalled it but now the CD can’t discover drive. Asked for refund. They told me to go to support@wdc.com and say what’s wrong and attach the bills. We’ll see what will happen.