Sleep mode and will not wake from sleep

Hi,

We really love our MBL, but it is beginning to drive me crazy.  It plays fine, and sends out to the various other computers, tablets, even my phone, but when we don’t use it for a while, it will go to sleep and not wake up.

Occasionally it will show the UI screen on the web address on the home network, but most of the time it is just gone. 

What makes it very frustrating is if I’m trying to access via the web at work or school, and it is down, no way to reboot it.

When I can access the UI, a reboot works.  When the UI isn’t accessible, unplug it, wait 10 seconds, plug it back in, it reboots, and away we go.

It’s not generating any alert messages, except when I can reboot it using the UI, and then just that it got rebooted.

Is this a firmware issue? A hard drive issue?

I am attempting to run it now with no energy saving/sleep features active… not happy about it, but we’ll see. Meanwhile, any suggestions would be most welcome.

I’m not sure what the issue is.   If you can access the UI, it’s not sleeping.  Accessing the UI means it has awakened.

are you sure the router isn’t giving up the DHCP IP lease while it’s asleep?

Try a static IP or reserving an IP in the router’s DHCP settings.  just to troubleshoot.