Safepoint of MBLD1 ( on MBLD2 ) wont update

While attempting to update a safepoint , after clicking UPDATE, it Instantly says 100%.  Then says 5 min later , backup failed ( there would be about 100G in changes )

( Below is a cut & paste from the update page ) 

1410.22 GB  /  1410.22 GB (100%)  Copied:

Estimated time remaining: 0 seconds

Above instantly comes up … hangs for a few minutes , then says backup failed. Here is the message below.

36323 - Your safepoint could not be updated successfully due to a failed request. Please try updating your safepoint again.

I have tried many times over.  Has anyone had this problem ?  Any advice.  

Seems every time I take 1 of my 3 drives and remotely store them , then return to do updates , there is always a problem with either TM or SP ???   

1 Like

Hello, you can try pressing the reset button on the back of the My Book for 4 seconds, also check if you have the latest firmware installed. Check the link below for more information. 

How to update the firmware on a My Book Live or My Book Live Duo

Both drives were up to date (firmware). 

MBLD1 Safepoint now will not even show up to try the update. Says there are no safepoints .  But if you look in the restore section below of MBLD1  , there it is on MBLD2 ???   So it sees it to do a restore from , but wont see it to update it. 

HELP

I did the reset on the MBLD2.  Dashboard is now blank except a lock with( secure your device )written next to it. !

Tried to shut device down . Password is now incorrect . ( Unplugged network cable , re-connect , dashboard is back ) 

How can the SP be seen to restore from & not seen on the same drive to update. Nothing has been changed to cause this. 

Heres a pic of the safe point of MBLD1 on MBLD2 available to restore from. ( But says NO SAFEPOINT EXISTS in update )  Very annoying.

Yes… I own 3