Router Reboots

Hi, I’ve had a My Book Live for about a year. A few months ago I changed ISP and their standard router is a Technicolor TG582n. Ever since getting it, my internet connection has been randomly dropping and then immediately reconnecting, up to 20 times a day. It’s not the line, it seems to be the router. I’ve had the router replaced but it made no difference. The as part of my attempts to exclude everythign that could be connected to the problem, I disconnected the My Book Live from the router and ever since the connection has been perfect.

Has anyone seen this sort of behaviour before? And more to the point, what can I do to use the My Book Live, if I can’t plug it into the router?

Many Thanks

Hello,

Try assigning a static IP to the My Book Live from the router.

Hi and Thanks.

I have tried to set the static IP adrress to the one that was previously defined by DHCP (192.168.1.78) and the netmask to 255.255.255.0.

I get the following message:

• 31265 - Error in Network Connectivity test: The operation was aborted while the server was processing the request. The operation may or may not have been completed successfully. Please refresh the page and try again.

and it won’t save the chnages.

I’ve rebooted now and it now says that I have to enter a DNS server but I don’t know that this would be.