Reset firmware

Hello, I played with my “WD my book live”, and I installed php and mysql server ( i just tried it :frowning: ), after that I click on restore WD and after I cant load my web ui for my book live. I can connect, move with folder etc, but cant show web ui.

Some tips for repair web ui pls? Or how i can reset firmware?

PS: everything i did over ssh

what firmware version is your device running?

I’m just going to assume you have the latest firmware. If you have another version let me know so I can edit this post.

1. Download and install WinSCP (link below)

http://download.winscp.net/download/files/2013…

1. Download the firmware file (link below)

http://download.wdc.com/nas/apnc-024202-012-20130401.deb

1. Using WinSCP paste the firmware file you downloaded in the “/CacheVolume” directory

2. SSH into the device and cd to “usr/local/sbin”

3. Run the following command (capitalization counts)

updateFirmwareFromFile.sh /CacheVolume/apnc-024202-012-20130401.deb

*all done just wait until the device reboots itself*

That should indeed reinstall a clean OS keeping all your data intact :slight_smile:

excellent post

1. SSH into the device and  cd  to “usr/local/sbin”

2. Run the following command (capitalization counts)

how do i do this CD and RUN when i get into the winscp environment…

i have firmware MyBookLive 02.42.03-027 : Core F/W…will it work for me?

THANKS as always

sunky wrote:

1. Run the following command (capitalization counts)

how do i do this CD and RUN when i get into the winscp environment…

i have firmware MyBookLive 02.42.03-027 : Core F/W…will it work for me?

THANKS as always

You don’t.   Step four says SSH, not scp.

2. Run the following command (capitalization counts)

I am struggling to understand what ssh ing means…soorry I have reach the edge of my knowledge in this area.

my understanding of step 4 and 5 after copying the file to cachevolume
is

running and logging into putty

firstly type cd usr/local/sbin

and then hit enter after entering the command below

is that correct, Tony?

thanks

Yep, that’s pretty much it.

But I think it should be 

./updateFirmwareFromFile.sh /CacheVolume/apnc-024202-012-20130401.deb

that is what I am getting…any idea how to resolve this?

We can’t see your picture until its approved my a mod, in the mean time I’m going to update the link and commands for your firmware version I’ll try to be more specific.

1. Download and install WinSCP (link below)

http://download.winscp.net/download/files/2013…

1. Download the firmware file (link below)

http://download.wdc.com/nas/apnc-024203-027-20130529.deb

1. Using WinSCP paste the firmware file you just downloaded in the “/CacheVolume” directory

2. Using Putty , SSH into the device and  cd  to “usr/local/sbin” you can do this by typing the following command into putty and pressing the enter key.

cd /usr/local/sbin

3. Using putty type in the following command (capitalization counts) and hit enter

updateFirmwareFromFile.sh /CacheVolume/apnc-024203-027-20130529.deb

Wait for it to restart  

I’m currently running  02.42.03-027 myself and I’ve used the step quite a few time and I haven’t had any problems, but I’ll just wait till the picture is approved to see whats going on.

sunky wrote:

that is what I am getting…any idea how to resolve this?

okay the picture is avaliable and I see whats going on you need to put a forward slash  before usr.

cd /usr/local/sbin

Sorry to highjack this post… I have a similar issue. I was doing a firmware update from file via the GUI (actually it was the firmware patch to use the WD media server instead of twonky). It got to 4% but won’t go any further :frowning: Restart the browser etc… and the GUI just keeps on saying 4%. I can’t do anything :frowning:

So I thourgth I’d try the idea of going in via SSH and reload the main f/w file. Still no joy :frowning: I says ‘Start’ on the ssh screen but doesn’t get any further. I’m guessing there’s a flag somewhere which says it’s doing a f/w update and therefore won’t execute another one via the script.

Any ideas please?

PLEASE :slight_smile:

what color is the LED on the front?

if this has been going on for hours, you might consider a hard reboot.

Two hours later the LED was still white :frowning:

Tried a power off/on… and at least the web interface came up but everything was mucked up. SSH wouldn’t work and the export config/change ssh entry/reload config didn’t fix it. In the end I had to reset to default. Lost all the shares (including 12 thousand music files)… Ho hum.

To cap it all the Zyxel NAS I use at home for auto backups isn’t working right… only noticed when I went to restore to the mybook.

Luckily I keep a duplicate backup on my works PC which is only a couple of weeks old.

The moral of this is tale is ensure your backups are up to date and working BEFORE doing a f/w update! :wink:

I’d recommend a reinstall of the latest firmware from file also, now that you have the MBL running. Then check the drive for bad sectors.

I have i tb wd Caviar Green how to reset firmware of this drive please

For who have the last version 02.43.03-022

use that :  http://download.wdc.com/nas/apnc-024303-022-20130916.deb