Remote access using surface RT?

Liking the WD My Book Live 2TB but experiencing sa couple of minor problems. I get redirected to the oracle website when logging in remotely, and I’m unsure which java to download or if it will let me download it because everything is App based in windows RT.

The other minor problem is the WD app doesnt find the hard drive on my local network, but I can access all my media using the Computer icon and the WD icon inside that when opening the folders.

Any pointers in the right direction will be most appreciated.

Hello and welcome, currently WD2Go is not available for Window RT. The ideas has already been posted in the ideas section, you can support it by clicking on the kudos arrow. 

http://community.wd.com/t5/Software-Accessory-Ideas/WD2Go-for-Windows-RT/idi-p/570671

Thankyou for the link. Have given it the kudos so hopefully sometime soon SurfaceRT users can have full use of the MBL!

Yeah I’d be astounded if they ever make an app for windows rt anytime soon if ever.  Sorry.

Windows rt is pretty much dead.  The new laptop processors are going to get fast enough to install full windows on tablets for cheaper without draining the battery life.  Windows rt will be dropped.

Well it would probably take one of their boffins 10 minutes to make an app for surfaceRT users. WindowsRT only availabke on Microsoft Surface as far as I know… So it probably in the interest of WD and Microsoft to collaborate a solution… or they should be up front and say this produict does not work remotely with windowsRT.

Is it possible to use SurfaceRT with MBL remotely using a VPN? If so, how? Baby steps required, and this could help a whole host of RT users!

Thanks in advance :smiley:

I would like to concur with the recommendation, a Surface RT app is needed.

Do not have a Surface nor I know anything about them, but would find it difficult to believe MS did not add some kind of Samba/network shares support. 

This link mentiones connecting to network computer, you could try it.

http://www.microsoft.com/surface/en-us/support/storage-files-and-folders/move-files-to-your-surface

you could also look for remote access using FTP/SSH/SCP/SFTP.

I do agree, an app would be nicer.