Remote access to MBL does not work on Mac anymore

Hi there,

I hope someone can help me here? I effectively cannot access my My Book Live on my Macbook Pro anymore. It used to work (though it was always very tedious), but now there seems to be a problem with the Java Plug-in. I tried four different browsers (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, even IE on Parallels) to access wd2go. It still works perfect on my wd2go android app, but

• Chrome doesn’t support Java
  • in Safari, the Java plug-in just doesn’t start (same in IE)
  • in Firefox, the Java plug-in starts, but when I click on “Open in Finder”, I get an error message: The server directory could not be mounted because it is not WEB-dav enabled or because it does not exist or because node does not have proper access.

Although I didn’t change anything on my MBL, I get these problems. Why did WD choose to make the remote access on Mac so tedious (and supposedly also on Windows since it does not work on Parallels either)? Why Java? Why not a simple protocol which you can access via the Go to Server function of the mac? It works super intuitively at Android, but to get it work on a mac you need a PhD in Computer Science. 

Thank you in advance for your help.

Well dude, Java is a most, so the only thing you can do is test another computers. If it works then there’s a Java problem on yours.

Try uninstalling Java and disabling all browser extensions and resetting to browser defaults clearing all browsing data. other than that there’s not much you can do.