Remote Access to MyBook Live

Is there any app for the iPhone that will enable me to access my files on the drive? I have the WD Photos picture viewer but would like access to videos, music, files, etc.

I have tried NetPortal, Livedrive, and even Mionet - but nothing works. I try to access from remote location using the assigned IP address of  xxx.xxx.x.xxx - If anyone has been successful please help.

I’m accessing mine using ssh with no problems at all. I’ve also transferred files to/from it at a distance using scp.

I suspect the problem is that you haven’t forwarded the appropriate ports on your router, so the outside world has no access to your NAS at all.

If you’re trying to access it on 192.168.x.xx then the above is definitely the case. You need to connect to your router’s external IP address, after telling the router to forward whatever ports you wish to the NAS.

If you don’t know what “port forward” means, type it into google.

I have tried the above and entered every combination of IP addresses shown and am still having no luck connecting outside of my WIFi Network. I can even access using the external IP address, but when I switch back to 3G - no luck. Another thought is to create a VPN for the iPhone to log in to but do not know how to create a VPN in MyBook Live.

Again, no issue connecting on LAN (even with external IP) but not on 3G. I have set Port Forwarding to point at MyBook IP - have gone stati, DHCP, etc…

Any help is appreciated.

Hi,

Sorry to high jack the OP thread but I would like to know the same.

I have an iPad 2 and an iPhone and I have that much music and video (music really) that I just want to be able access my MyBookLive remotely (ouside of own LAN).

How do you go about this?

Cheers

So whats the best SSH app to use?

uncleiven, there are several applications that you can use to access your NAS, I use (in my iPad and for video only) Air Video, this will require that you install a software in your computer, but it will allow you to access the drive through the internet.

Be aware that this is not a free app.

Does your pc need to be on though in order to connect to your NAS

Yeah don’t think that’s what I’m after to be honest. I want to access my music mainly remotely so need an app for that. Anyone?