Remote Access Problems

Hi,

I recently purchased a 2gb MyBook Live which I was able to setup without any problems. I had no issues and was able to access the drive remotely via WD2go on my iPhone, iPad and MacBook. However after a week of not needing to use it, I can no longer access the drive remotely through WD2go but I can still access my router. I can still access the drive using WD2go on my home network and can also mount the drive on my laptop at home so there doesn’t seem to be a problem with my network, I just can’t access the drive outside home.

I’ve rebooted the drive, gone through the setup procedure again but to no avail. Can anyone help me and maybe give me any ideas as to what might have happened?

Thanks,

Jon

Can you please provide more information as of what happens when you try to connect.

Do you get an error message?

Not sure if relevant, but if you are having trouble making port-forwarding stick (which gives a much better transfer speed than relay), this thread includes an approach I found that sorted reliability problems with a BT Home Hub. I found WD2Go much more reliable after this.

http://community.wd.com/t5/My-Book-Live/Keep-having-to-re-start-My-Book-to-fix-remote-access-problems/m-p/545124

Hi,

I don’t get any message from a web browser, the progress bar just freezes and nothing happens

From my iPhone I get the message ‘This devices is inaccessible; only local files are available’.

I’ll give that a try when I get home from work tonight, thanks.