Problems using DLNA

I recently purchased the WD MyBook Live at the beginning of the month. The first thing I did was to make sure the firmware was up to date (02.42.03-027). My current PC OS is Windows 7.

This is a great device and fills nearly all of my needs. However, Twonky Media Server does stream nicely to my Vizio M420sl 42" flat panel, but it doesn’t allow for pausing, RWD, FFD, etc. Other than that, it plays flawlessly with no problems when it comes to streaming content over the wireless network.

I’d been using XBMC on my PC for streaming content to my TV. There were always occasional hiccups, though.  I understand that a new WD DLNA server was supposedly installed with the new firmware update, but it doesn’t show up in my dashboard. Therefore, I am unable to select and give that a try. It’s impossible to get along without the missing functionality.

Is there a way to remedy this so that I have the ability to puase, FFD, and RWD once again?

Thanks!

–Andy

Harty wrote:

I understand that a new WD DLNA server was supposedly installed with the new firmware update

No, the option to use WD’s DLNA server was included in the update.   But you still have to manually install it.  Read the release notes for instructions on how to do that.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll give that a whirl. :slight_smile:

WD DLNA is running now. Hopefully *fingers crossed* this works better for my TV.

Thanks again!

–Andy

Working just as it should for my TV.

Thanks you again!

Is the text “Live SMP / Live Hub x2 / Live+ / Live x2 / 24 TBytes of QNAP + WD NAS” supposed to be a link? If it is it isnt working and Id like to look into this as I have the same issues as the OP.

Thanks!

No, that’s just my signature line.