Problems connect to 1TB MBL

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help me?  I have had problems maintaining a connection to my 1TB MBL.  When I reboot the shares are not listed in Finder, and if I try to connect through WD Quick View it says they are not avaialble.  Sometime, if I leave it for long enough they will appear… but more often than not I have to run the setup software. 

Another problem seems to be is that it is no longer able to see the TimeMachine share?..

Can anyone please help me?

I’m running version 10.8.4

Thanks in advance!

Stuart.

You could try mapping the desired shares and make sure to check the option to reconnect at logon.

sounds like the IP is changing due to DHCP and the DNS takes a while to update. 

Try reserving an IP for the MBL in your router so it’s always getting the same one.  Quick view looks for \mybooklive

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.  I’ll try reserving the IP in my router to see if that works.  Are you able to tell me how to do this?

Thanks again!

Best regards,

Stuart.

uh, well, in my dlink dir-825, I go to the setup tab, then network, or wherever it lists all the devices that are currently connected.  Next to each device is a “reserve” button.  log into your router and poke around, or see if you can launch help contents right from the web panel and search for “reserve”