Private share not staying private

I have both Public and Private shares setup however, when I access the Twonky Server on my PS3, it shows all media in both Private and Public folders when I believe it should only show the Public media.

The Private Share is setup so only Admin can access it. On my PS3 I have a username of smotrs. When I search for media servers, the Twonky Server shows up and I can select it. It then displays various folders for sorting by date, type, etc… in order to access the media. When I browse these folders I can see both the public media and the private media titles with the ability to play or view both.

Shouldn’t only the Public media be visible and accessible?

smotrs wrote:

Shouldn’t only the Public media be visible and accessible?

No, Twonky doesn’t care what the share setting is.   Since DLNA has no way of authenticating users, there’s really no such thing as “Private” shares when Twonky is set for that share.

If you don’t want that content showing up via DLNA, then turn media sharing off for that share.

Thanks, I’ll check that out when I get home. Wasn’t aware I could disable media sharing for a given share. Thought it affected ALL shares.

Thanks again.