Prevent portable wireless point accessing MBL

Hi,

this is my first post so please forgive me if I don’t quite get things right.  I have a WD MBL happily chugging away.  I have just bought  an LB-Link to create a wireless access point in my garden. It works great but I would like to prevent access to my MBL from it.  I was wondering if it might be able to use mac addressing on the actual MBL to stop access.  If this is not possible, is there some other, relatively straightforward, way of doing this?

Thanks in advance,

Ive never heard of this LB-Link access point, but if its connected directly to your router by LAN cable, then you may be able to un-assign that port from accessing your LAN, just allow it to access the internet.

I know this is possible on some routers, and it may or may not be possible on yours.

Hope this helps?

Hi, thanks for the quick reply - you certainly live up to your username.  Yes the link is connected via ethernet cable.  I just want to restrict access to the internet while using the link.  I have set up mac -addressing on my virgin superhub (I am in the UK).  Maybe I can tweak the hub to allow only internet access for the links mac address.

By the way, here’s the link to the link, if you are interested.

http://www.lefen.com/index.php/Product/views/id/300

thanks for your interest and advice.

Also, depending on your router, you might be able to deny the access via the firewall options.

Hi shabuboy,

thanks for that suggestion.  I think that seems the best way forward.

Cheers