Please help before I pull my hair out!

Hi, I seem to be having a problem and I am not sure if its me, my smp, or my mybook live or router.
I only at present have a mobile broadband dongle, so no main Internet. So what I would like to do is use an airport express as a wirleless router, with no Internet. Plug my 3tb mybook live into the airport express so I can access my media wirelessly, then set up my smp in another room and stream from my mybook live.

Simple? No
The first time I tried it all seemed to work ok. And that was about for days ago. I have no spent the entire time trying make it work again, but my smp just will not see it!
Please may I ask, any ideas or am I being stupid?
Many thanks
Richard

What you are discribing should be doable. Most likely there is an IP addressing issue.

Is this correct?

- The Airport does not have internet access. 

- Your MBL is cable connected to the Airport.

- Your SMP is wirelessly connected to the Airport

Here are a few things to try, and some information that would help if they don’t work…

Can cable connect your SMP or computer to the Airport and see if it works? This would verify that the WiFi is not causing the issue.

If you cable connect your computer to the airport, then

1 . open a “Command Prompt”

1.  type “ipconfig” (without the “”)

what is your Network Address for “Local Area Connection”?

Can you view the IP address of your SMP? What is it?

Hi, thanks for your help. Think I may have it sorted. I will let you know how I get on. Again thank you so much!

Right on. I hope it works.