Password Protect / Encrypt

Hi there, I am in dyer need to encrypt or atleast password protect my MBL.

I need it so that atleast once a day it asks for a password and if I log off it will ask me the password again when I log back in.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Senna wrote:

I need it so that atleast once a day it asks for a password and if I log off it will ask me the password again when I log back in.

That’s not up to the MBL to decide.   If you password protect the shares, it’s up to the client PC to determine when and how often to ask for the password.

For example, in Windows, if you tell it to remember the connection, it will remember it forever, and never ask for the password again, until you force the PC to forget it.   Nothing the MBL can do about it.

How do I change when and how often it asks for the password?

Thanks

If it’s windows, you can’t.

I use Truecrypt with a fie container, which works for me very well. It is how I keep sensitive data on my MBL.

I have never done a complete drive/share on a NAS, nor sure if it is possible.

Is there a way to password protect a folder, so once I enter it in the web interface of the MBL the folder gets decrypted.

I also tried Truecrypt, but this seems not to be a very stable solution.

It happened to me a couple times that when I copied a large file to the Truecrypt container, the copy process stopped without any reason. Then I only got a network error and I had to restart the whole MBL again to mount the container again.