PS3 / XBOX 360 does not see Private Shares

Hi,

I’ve had the My Live 3TB for a few months now and filled up a good 1TB in the public folder. All devices can see and access this fine (Win laptop / tabelts / consoles). I decided to create some private shares as to avoid people deleting anything in error and also more secure. The Win laptop and tablets are fine with this - but neither game console sees the private shares. I’ve done the usual re-build data base and tried the Twonky and the WD media server options via the firmware and no joy. I’ve also had a aplay about in the Twonky media settings via IP:9000 and nothing there really helps.

All I want to know - can an Xbox 360 and PS3 SEE and ACCESS private shares - if so great I’ve done something wrong and can fix it. I have spent hours if not days with mixed results - really just need a yes / no to this

Cheers

Update: I have (again) swapped back from Twonky to the Western Digital Media Server and this it sees the folders but not the content.

Is there a facilty to log into the WD media server like the Twonky using port 9000. 

Any help / thoughts appreciated

Update 2: I have created 3 private shares (Music / Pics / Vids) and the Xbox 360 can see the folders but not the content. Xbox 360 is hooked up to the router via LAN cable. The PS3 connects via WLAN but can see the files but has serious issues streaming so for now will have to assume a throughput issue on the WLAN. My main focus is to simply get the Xbox 360 to view ALL of my content in the private shares. 

Getting frustrated TBH as I am using the WD software for the Media streamer as this at least sees the folders for the private shares…just the Xbox 360 giving me grief. Microsoft forums are next to hopeless and the Offical WD response is… go to www.microsoft/poorsupport.com    sigh …We can land people on the moon but we can’t solve simple problems like this //\

The Staff directed you to support since this is an issue outside of our support range.

Chances are the Xbox does not support connecting to private shares.

You can either contact their support for a direct answer or wait for an user to post any workarounds here.

Im pretty sure the XBox 360 uses XBMC as its media centre, and the standalone XBMC apps for Raspberry Pi and jailbroken Apple TV’s sees my Private shares with no issue. 

Have you tried rebooting the drive? Or setting a static IP address for the MBL? 

Ive just had a google, and it seems that the only way for your XBox & PS3 to see the MBL is to turn on DLNA.

Ill reply back tonight on how to set it up.