PC doesn't connect wih My Book Live

Hi,

I just bought a My Book Live and my PC doesn’t connect with My Book Live. Here is my situation.

First i had installed My Book Live on de ground floor, installed it on my laptop and it seem to werk perfectly. I do all my downloads on my pc on the attic of my house. In between is ofcours the 1st floor. My pc didn’t see My Book live, so I installed it on the 1st floor. The situation there is a wired router, with a cable to My Book Live. My Book Live shows a green light on the front and a green light and an amber light on the back, just as is said in the instructions.

So i started to download the setup program on WD TV Live and i thought i was good to go. But then setup program fails at finding the My Book Live. I dont know what to do now. My PC is on wifi. For your information, it is impossible to connect my pc with a cable on the attic.

Please help me! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,

Mark

Hello MarkBerg, be sure that the PC and the My Book are part of the same network (IP range and workgroup). You can try mapping the My Book Live using the WD discovery software. Check the link below to download it.

How to install WD Discovery on Windows