No menu in Dashboard

Hello,

I have the My Book Live 2TB NAS now for two days and was very happy with it; everything was working very nicely and out-of-the-box. I was copying files from my laptop to the NAS when suddenly copying stopped. Copying more files did not work, but I also did not receive an error message. When downloading a torrent to the same folder my torrent client gave the error of “not enough disk space”.
Because of this I wanted to restart the NAS, I used my browser to go to the dashboard but suddenly the page was unavailable. I tried some other things to restart the My Book Live but nothing worked. Eventually I used a pin to restart it from the rear side, resetting all passwords and the IP adress.
After this the problems started getting stranger. Dashboard loads but does not show the menu. This means I see the page and lay-out, but apart from the wd-logo, an explanation mark stating I should secure my device, the amount of space on my NAS and the tips and tricks nothing is there. No settings, users or shares. If I click on secure my device nothing happens. This happens for all computers on our home network.
Also, on my windows 8 laptop I cannot go to the device through windows explorer anymore. The mapped drives don’t mount, but I do see twonky. If I click on this I can see all my media on the drive but if I try to open a music file for example I get an unavailable error. On my windows 8 phone I can access all the files with the wd2go app. Also on my girlfriends windows 8 laptop I can access and copy to her folder and view my files (due to read/write permissions).
I hope someone can help me with these problems, not being able to access the dashboard makes things difficult. I do have some linux experience, so if it involves using SSH and command line I don’t mind. Maybe there is a possibility to re-install the firmware on the device from the terminal, would it help? Formatting the drive would not be my first preference, but if there is no other way this is also an option for me; I have most of the data stored elsewhere as well.
If more information is necessary please let me know.

If you have not enabled SSH yet, make sure you do.

Go to the UI and change the browser path from

http://mybooklive/UI/#

to

http://mybooklive/UI/ssh

and click to enable SSH.

Although I cannot think of anything to help you out right yet, you need to make sure this is enabled before your UI totally dies.

If I have any ideas I will get back to you.

Actually. After you enable SSH, shell into the unit and try restarting apache

service apache2 restart

see if that brings your UI back.

Thank you very much for your reply.

Indeed, I already had SSH enabled, I also tried restarting apache already. No success unfortunately… Any other ideas?

Yesterday I could see the menu for a little while in the UI, but I could make any changes because apparently I did not have enough rights. After a couple of minutes my browser couldn’t display the page at all anymore… Pretty frustrating!