Newbie Question! Have 2 MyBookLive HDs but Windows only shows contents of one MyBookLive?!

Hi everyone,

Firstly, I am a self-confessed Newbie to Networking, so apologies in advance if this is a ridiculously simple problem that I would like solved! :wink:

I bought a 3TB MyBookLive so that I could play Blu-Ray ISO movie files on my Netgear NeoTV550 media player.

As I was running out of room on the network drive very quickly, I bought another 3TB MyBookLive.

Both network drives are connected via my Belkin router, to my laptop and to my media player.

Whenever I add new ISO files, I simply presume that they are going to the 2nd MyBookLive, as the ripping software (AnyDVD-HD) merely lists it as Z://MyBookLive/Public… which it has done, since I first started filling up my first MyBookLive.

Being new to Networking, I assumed that Windows and the ripping software, was identofying my network storage as one single entity, whether I had one network HD, or twenty network HDs.

Is this correct?

Now whenever I open the network HD(s) using Windows 7 Explorer, it only lists the contents of the First MyBookLive

• I know this because they were the first 50 (approx) movies that I ripped to my first MyBookLive.

It doesn’t show ANY of the movies that I have recently ripped :cry:

However when I use my Network Media Player, it does show the new movies, and plays them without any problems!

I have tried, recently re-naming the two network HDs, in Windows Explorer as Z and Y (previously it only displayed Z)… but when I attempt to explore both network drives, in separate windows… it shows the exact, same contents in both windows, of the older movies… with no sign whatsoever of the new movies (which I only know were successfully ripped, because they are watchable on the network media player).

Can anyone PLEASE help out this stoopid noob?!

Thanks in advance!

John

No, Windows will not combine 2 MBL’s as 1 entity. They are two seperate network devices which need 2 unique network names.
Have you given each MBL a unique network name by logging into the MBL dashboard and clicking on settings/system and changing the device name on at least one of your MBL’s? If you have 2 devices on your network named MyBookLive I could see you running into issues like this.