New Release - My Book Live Firmware Version 2.42.02-012 (4/17/13)

WD is happy to release the My Book Live Firmware Version 2.42.02-012.

For the firmware update and release notes please check out the My Book Live Product Update page.

For instructions on how to do an automatic update, please refer to Answer ID 5735: How to update the firmware on a My Book Live or My Book Live Duo.

Feel free to post your experiences in this thread.

Here is the direct download link for those that wish to update from file

[deleted - step update may be required]

Resolved Issues

• Resolved inability of Windows 8 File History to back up to default shares
  • Resolved issue of auto updates not working when the hour is set as 1AM thru 9AM
  • Resolved issue of internal server error pop-up appearing after changing the device name
  • Resolved issue of slow media crawler performance on drives with large number of files
  • Resolved driver support issue; now compatible with WD Windows 8 Rally drive

Has anybody taken the plunge yet? I’m a bit busy at the moment to upgrade. There was also a new version of Smartware for Windows released yesterday that might be worth checking out for those having Smartware issues

http://community.wdc.com/t5/News-Announcements/New-Release-WD-Smartware-Version-2-0-0-for-Windows-4-16-13/td-p/558448

nfodiz wrote:
Has anybody taken the plunge yet?

Just updated via the popup in the MBL Dashboard. Process took 13 minutes to complete (with 87GB on a 3TB drive).

Now testing will begin…

[Edit] One thing is for certain, the FeaturePacks aren’t working anymore. Off to Google how to remove and reinstall… :-/

It figures an update would come out now that I finally updated to 02.41.05-034 a few days ago. :confounded:

On a side note, I think the drive is sending out restart emails instead of firmware update availaible messages.  I was getting one once a week which is why I finally updated.  I got another restart email today saying the drive restarted April 30th, when there’s no evidence of a restart.

You dun goof’d Bill Baby!

If the media browsing issue is fixed, then this device will be perfect!

Keep up the top work.

So I’ve installed the update. Browsin’ dem media folders with many photos is maybe slightly faster, but not by much.

Still seems like heaps of bloat ware running on the device.

Shoulda stuck with dat dere Apple Time Machine of peace my brothers.

Screen Shot 2013-04-18 at 9.47.21 PM.png

If you know how to do that please post it here or in other topic, i will be in the same situation

Now on second attempt, and for second time stuck on “Upgrading (90%)”

I have a MyBookLive 2TB and am running Windows 7.

I have upgraded WD SmartWare to Version 2.0

I did change the name of the Drive a while ago which did upset iOS accessing the drive, so I am looking forward to the fix in this release, though Android simply breezes through to my files and photograph.

Any ideas on how to give it a kick?

Cheers

Hi ChsArDas,

If I had a solution to improving the drive under Mac OS X I would post it in a heart beat, but unfortunately everything I’ve tried makes little to no difference.

Dono

Hi LoftyGit,

If I recall correctly, during the upgrading it hit 90%, sat there for a while. Then rebooted the device immediately, (didn’t ever say 100%).

Just chiming in that I did the update on my MBL and all went well.

Although I prefer updating from a file, I suppose this one was made an automatic update so there could be a more formal control of what level of firmware was currently existing.  This one would presumably only proceed if the current firmware was “correct.”

In any case, I initiated the update from an alert message on the MBL which is accessed from a little icon on the top line of the Dashboard page.  A Download pop-up screen appeared an it started at 6% and progressed to 100%.  Then the pop-up changed to an Update screen which started at 10%, stayed at 60% for a while and then went to 90%.  It stayed on 90% for a brief time and then went to a pop-up that said the update was successful and the MBL was restarting.  A few minutes of a yellow LED on the MBL and then it went green and everything was back on.

Nice to see a smooth upgrade.

the HumpMan

Hi Donovan,

Thanks for the reply.

After an hour or so at 90% I have used WD Quickview to shut it down, but when it comes back up it starts the firmware download and install again back up to 90%.

I will try changing the name back and starting again.

Any other ideas on what could be getting in the way?

Thanks

I have the 90% problem as well.

Tryied twice and left it going for 6 hours, still 90%.

Eventually unplugged, all was ok, but no firmware update.

I have since done a factory reset with the NO Reformat option, si I didnt loose data.

Tried to update firmware, same result, 90% and stuck.

I even reinstalled the current firmware, which went ok, the tried to install latest firmware, 90% again.

I am now waiting for a solution.

Hi:

The update download well, but in 60% i get a error windows. Say to me preocess the install again.

I push the install again and i view installing… and 90% freeze

I have the same 90% problem. :cry:

I can do?

In the great words of Scooby Doo “ruh ro Raggy”
You guys might want to PM Bill_S and see if you can get some logs sent to him and he can forward them on

Hey,

I don’t want to do the firmware-update … is there a way to disable the automatic check, so that I don’t get the update-notification for my Drives (every week) ?!

Thanks for your help :slight_smile:

Buenos días. 

¿Dónde puedo obtener la versión de Firmware que ya trae inluido el DLNA Media Server?  En este momento tengo la versión MyBookLive 02.41.05-034 : Core F/W y esta versión aún tiene a TwonkyMedia como Media server.

camip wrote:
Good morning.

Where I can get the firmware version already brings inluido the DLNA Media Server? At this time I have 02.41.05-034 MyBookLive version: Core F / W and this version still has as Media Server TwonkyMedia.

Hope Google translate don’t let me down :stuck_out_tongue:

Read here:

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5735

You need to download the WD Media Server from

http://download.wdc.com/nas/WDMediaServerPatch.deb

Then upload it from the dashboard like you would a firmware file

Note: This will switch your media server from Twonky to the WD Media server

To switch back download this

http://download.wdc.com/nas/Twonky5MediaServerPatch.deb

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Lea aquí:

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5735

Usted necesita descargar el WD Media Server de

http://download.wdc.com/nas/WDMediaServerPatch.deb

A continuación, cargarlo desde el tablero como si fuera un archivo de firmware

Nota: Esto cambiará su servidor de medios de Twonky al servidor multimedia WD

Para volver descarga esta
http://download.wdc.com/nas/Twonky5MediaServerPatch.deb

rostron

have the 90% problem as well.

Tryied twice and left it going for 6 hours, still 90%.

Eventually unplugged, all was ok, but no firmware update.

I have since done a factory reset with the NO Reformat option, si I didnt loose data.

Tried to update firmware, same result, 90% and stuck.

I even reinstalled the current firmware, which went ok, the tried to install latest firmware, 90% again.

I am now waiting for a solution.

I have the same error :cry:

No response yet…