New Release - My Book Live Firmware Version 02.43.03 – 022 (10/8/2013​)

WD is happy to release the My Book Live Firmware Version 02.43.03 – 022.

For the firmware update and release notes please check out the My Book Live Product Update page.

For instructions on how to do an automatic update, please refer to Answer ID 5735: How to update the firmware on a My Book Live or My Book Live Duo.

Feel free to post your experiences in this thread.

Tried several times via Dashboard from version 02.42.03-027 (5x) always getting the same error: update failed.

this is from the update.log:

A reboot is required for the upgrade to take effect.
postinst complete.
updateFirmwareFromFile.sh:10/08/13 18:35:09:failed 200 “invalid firmware package”
Error fw_update_status: failed 200 “invalid firmware package”

found this ?solution? in the Forum:

• The error message  31101 - Invalid firmware package  occurs while upgrading the My Book Live (FW 02.41.05-034 or higher) using the Twonky or Access patch available in the  Windows 8 - Switching between TwonkyMedia and WD’s DLNA Media Server  section of Answer ID 5735: How to update the firmware on a My Book Live.
  •  
  • Cause:
  • This issue occurs when the file name of the patch is different from the name given to the file by WD.
  •  
  • Solution:
  • Make sure the name of the file is  exactly  the same as the file downloaded. Once the file is renamed, run the upgrade process again and the error should not occur.
  •  

but i downloaded the firmware update via the Dashboard…i dont think this is a “naming” problem

help

came home to day and cant enter my livebook any more …

i didnt chanche any thing on pc router or ever what

got mail from livebook that he rebooted about 20 time in the last 48 ouhrs

cant also acces the dashbord

sow how can i get to my data ?

please help …

hope not again loss of data

Firmware Version 02.43.03 – 022 (10/7/13)

• Resolved compatibility issue with Time Machine in OSx Mavericks 10.9.x
  • Resolved issue of inaccessible shares in Windows 8 for accounts that do not have a password set

Logged onto GUI, Install and Reboot … all updated smoothly.

However … now I cannot map to any of the shares on MBL ( from Windows 7 )

Little bit of testing … Logged onto to GUI and created new public share, which maps correctly. Changed Share to Private, and get an “Error 33114 - Error Updating Share access privileges: You are not authorized to perform this task”.

Retried Change to Private, and went through ok.

Tried mapping to share, but get Windows Security dialog box, asking for Network Password ( user name and password ).

Tried all credentials, but none work … created new user on MBL with access to share … tried  to map to share with these new credentials … nothing just keeps asking for User name and Password.

Gave up with that one, so moved on to existing Shares and only way to successfully map them was to change them all from Private to Public shares.

Not ideal, but havent lost any data … hopefully some advice or fix soon …

After my update I can no longer access my public share or private shares using the hostname. If I use the IP I can access the private shares, but still not the public shares.

Curse AUTO UPDATE!

Please help!

pclarke wrote:

After my update I can no longer access my public share or private shares using the hostname. If I use the IP I can access the private shares, but still not the public shares.

Curse AUTO UPDATE!

Please help!

That has nothing to do with the firmware.   The firmware doesn’t have a clue whether you’re using a hostname or IP to access it.    Something has happened to your computer and its ability to do NetBIOS name resolution.

TonyPh12345 wrote:

pclarke wrote:

Curse AUTO UPDATE!

Please help!

That has nothing to do with the firmware.   The firmware doesn’t have a clue whether you’re using a hostname or IP to access it.    Something has happened to your computer and its ability to do NetBIOS name resolution.

Of course it does. It worked absolutly fine before the update was applied yesterday. Don’t tell me that. I can access the UI just fine using the hostname. The update screwed the samba server somehow. Regardless of the hostname, why can I not access my original Public share? If I create a new Public share I can access  that one. I can’t browse the the server and view all the shares, I can only access with the full paths.

WD is not able to test their firmwares so it is not able to create valid and stable products.

I think it’s a fact noone can argue with.

Why didn’t I buy a Qnap or something else?!

pclarke wrote:

Don’t tell me that. I can access the UI just fine using the hostname.

Accessing the UI doesn’t use NetBIOS name lookup… it uses ordinary DNS and/or mDNS.    That’s a whole different mechanism.

pclarke wrote:…why can I not access my original Public share? If I create a new Public share I can access  that one. I can’t browse the the server and view all the shares, I can only access with the full paths.

I don’t know.  What does Windows tell you is the reason?  What error do you get?

pclarke, have you tried rebooting both the NAS and your computer?

tnynyn wrote:

pclarke, have you tried rebooting both the NAS and your computer?

I’m using OSX through out the house and the iMac and MacBook, both lost access to the shares after the update. Both have been rebooted as well as my router and NAS.

Oh, that’s helpful to know now. Just curious, why are you using Samba instead of AFP?

TonyPh12345 wrote:
Oh, that’s helpful to know now. Just curious, why are you using Samba instead of AFP?

oh, the address’s to get switched to AFP.

I mentioned samba, as isn’t that what runs the shares on the NAS?

pclarke wrote: 

The NAS supports Samba, AFP, and NFS, and supports all three concurrently.

As to which it’s using, it depends entirely on how you’re connecting to the share.

This update resulted in yellow LED, device not available on the network. Any solution for that?

TonyPh12345 wrote:

pclarke wrote: 

The NAS supports Samba, AFP, and NFS, and supports all three concurrently.

As to which it’s using, it depends entirely on how you’re connecting to the share.

Ahh ok. makes sense. So further testing looks like samba is actually ok then. opening the server smb://hostname works but it’s the afp:// that’s actually broken it looks like… which I spose is OSX’s default protocol which is why browsing to the share in finder fails…

I guess the Avahi daemon much have been updated perhaps? Restarting it makes no difference… 

Despite the concerning reports below, I feel I should do the firmware update…

BUT… I don’t have Auto-Update configured, I do these manually.

So I need to be able to download the firmware file - presumably it should be at:

http://www.wdc.com/wdproducts/updates/?family=wdfmb_liveduo

but it seems someone forgot to include a link to the actual file.

Bill, can you either provide a link, or post one on the community forum?

Update failed for me as well. Retried multiple times, no joy. Any pointers to fix this would be helpful!

I tride update firmware from 02.42.03 – 027  to 02.43.03 – 022 but i get  Firmware update failure:

There is information “An error occurred while updating the firmware. Retry. If the problem persists, call for service.”

Validity: warn

Event code: 1003

Anyone know solution?