New Release - My Book Live Firmware Version 02.42.03 – 027 (6/10/2013)

WD is happy to release the My Book Live Firmware Version 02.42.03 – 027.

For the firmware update and release notes please check out the My Book Live Product Update page.

For instructions on how to do an automatic update, please refer to Answer ID 5735: How to update the firmware on a My Book Live or My Book Live Duo.

Feel free to post your experiences in this thread.

1 Like

Upgrades are still breaking the OS Raid for me

EDIT: The OS RAID rebuilds overnight so this is a non issue

I have two 1TB MyBookLives. WD Quickview didn’t show a new firmware version available, so I logged into the Dashboard of each MBL, went to Settings, Updates, performed a check for new firmware, and the result was “Your firmware is up to date.”; “MyBookLive  02.42.02-012 : Core F/W”.

It should be noted, I didn’t experience the “90% error” on either MBL.

I’ve got the 2TB My Book Live and this install seems stuck at 4%.  Hmm. :frowning:

can anyone pls help me with the direct link for downloading the upgrade ? 

@iulian.pascal; Link to FW 02.42.06-027 is:

http://download.wdc.com/nas/apnc-024203-027-20130529.deb

2 Likes

02.42.06-027???

WD has only released up to 02.42.03.

I am unable to update to 02.42.03 from dashboard, currently on 02.42.02.

any idea?

If you successfully updated to 02.42.02-012 you will not get prompted to upgrade to 02.42.03-027 as it is exactly the same firmware but with a fix added to address the 90% hang some people were having with 02.42.02-012

1 Like

I tried to updated today and there is same problem 90% waiting… waiting… and waiting… (5 hour still waiting…)

I thing this statement:

• Resolved issue of firmware update stalling at 90% completion

Didn’t correct.

What color is your LED?

The Color is White (but look like violet). 

I will wait 2 hours more. If still on 90%… I think I will update manually.

Finally I have updated manually. Update from the dashboard failed (only 90%… and waiting…).

This version finally resolved my 90 % stuck problem.

Wierd …

Start downloading but stuck at 0%…

Is there anywhere on WD website that has direct link to the latest firmware? 

The direct download link is posted about half way down on page 1 of this thread by WilliamH

what is ur exact model number states on the product? (e.g. WDBACG0020HCH-xx)

I noticed that

I mean is it possible for WD to post this link not just in this community but on somewhere in official website.

So it would be easy to find.

P.S. I am now China, the internet speed kills me …

only 35kb/s… And I am try to download a 134MB firmware … G

WD doesn’t post the direct link on their website to newer firmwares because people were upgrading from OLD firmwares right to the newest one when they used to link it on their website and bricked their drives. They have since removed direct downloads from the website. Now if your MyBookLive is on an OLD firmware it will grab firmware 02.11.09-053 first and upgrade to that. Then when you are on that firmware it will upgrade to the newest.

nfodiz wrote:

WD doesn’t post the direct link on their website to newer firmwares because people were upgrading from OLD firmwares right to the newest one when they used to link it on their website and bricked their drives. They have since removed direct downloads from the website. Now if your MyBookLive is on an OLD firmware it will grab firmware 02.11.09-053 first and upgrade to that. Then when you are on that firmware it will upgrade to the newest.

So, I am on 02.11.09-053. Should I try the deb file on the previous page?

Yes you are ok to upgrade to that firmware file from 02.11.09-053 :slight_smile: