New Release - My Book Live Firmware Version 02.41.05 – 034 (2/27/2013)

WD is happy to announce our latest firmware update for the My Book Live version 02.41.05 – 034.  

For the firmware update and release notes please check out the  My Book Live Product Update page.

For instructions on how to do an automatic update, please refer to  Answer ID 5735: How to update the firmware on a My Book Live or My Book Live Duo

Critical Note:

"My Book Live drives that have been upgraded to firmware version 02.41.05-034 offer the option to switch between two different DLNA servers:TwonkyMedia or WD Media Server. The benefit of upgrading to the newer WD Media Server is to gain full Windows 8 certification and to take advantage of WD’s app for Windows 8. The patches (provide in the KBA link below) offers the choice of using either DLNA server, and the option to switch back to the other server by simply applying one of the patches.

Note: To try the WD app for Windows 8, go to the Windows 8 app store and search for WD. To enable full functionality of the WD app for Windows 8, you must apply the firmware version 02.41.05-034 update first. Go to the WD KBA #5735 link provided below to learn more about, including how to download the patch.

KBA# 5735 Link: http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5735"

2.11.09-053?

I thought it was 2.41.05-034.   :stuck_out_tongue:

Here is the direct link for those wishing to update using update from file from the MBL dashboard

http://download.wdc.com/nas/apnc-024105-034-20130215.deb

TonyPh12345 wrote:

2.11.09-053?

I thought it was 2.41.05-034.   :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks Tony.

I guess coffee has not kicked in yet :robotlol:

I just update throught the web app oht the Wd live, and when it rebooted never show on the network and did recognized

What can i do ?

Note: To try the WD app for Windows 8, go to the Windows 8 app store and search for WD. To enable full functionality of the WD app for Windows 8, you must apply the firmware version 02.41.05-034 update first. Go to the WD KBA #5735 link provided below to learn more about, including how to download the patch.

KBA# 5735 Link: http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5735"

I already had the app installed it, so it is not picking up the NAS only the local disk I have attached, is there a way to force the app to find the NAS? Uninstalling and reinstalling never worked.

I have windows 7

Same problem for me also with windows 8 wd app

please solve

thanks

Do not switch to WD Media Server unless you’re really desparated. The [Deleted] is not streaming mkv at all (confirmed with Panasonic G30 TV and Pioneer BDP-140). Furthermore is quite unstable and hangs on my TV set while browsing the MBL content. After restoring Twonky everything works fine. I guess the WD Media Server was an aswer to community complaints about old Twony version. For the moments WD failed. Maybe further updaes will change to better.

Looks like this firmware still doesn’t fix the iTunes issue where the genre is listed as unknown and artist is actually the composer!! Agh!!

sloomek wrote:

Do not switch to WD Media Server unless you’re really desparated. The [Deleted] is not streaming mkv at all (confirmed with Panasonic G30 TV and Pioneer BDP-140). Furthermore is quite unstable and hangs on my TV set while browsing the MBL content. After restoring Twonky everything works fine. I guess the WD Media Server was an aswer to community complaints about old Twony version. For the moments WD failed. Maybe further updaes will change to better.

The relase notes state “Support streaming of MKV files to Samsung® HDTVs” I assume that means only Samsung TVs

No, the older version of Twonky that is on the MBL had issues with Samsung TV’s with build in DLNA. The new WD DLNA server fixes that issue.

Media Server support for thumbnails would be nice. Is there any way to adjust the Western Digital Media server?

There is no web-based way to make changes the WD Media server

I am seeing thumbnails when I enter the Videos folder but not for every title…

I’m getting no thumbnails using either Twonky or the WD server to a Sony Bravia or WD TV live box. Getting thumbnails when using the Network Share and Media Library options on the streaming box- but unfortunately it adds another folder layer or means I can’t seperate home videos from films.

I suppose there are bigger fish to fry.

Updated MBL ( 2Tb ) via UI - took 10 mins including final reboot.

All looking good, shares are all still there, data is all still there.

Yet to check out the WD Media Server … will leave that till later :slight_smile:

The Windows 8 App with NAS support will be released in the coming weeks. We are finalizing testing with the Duo right now, so stay tuned.

Regarding thumbnails showing up, it does take time to crawl the content and generate the thumbnails.

1 Like

The last firmware update made the LED quit. Any idea if this update fixes that? I know it’s not hardware since every once in a while it lights up. My warranty on this warranty replacement is expired.

Santerianumero1 wrote:
I know it’s not hardware since every once in a while it lights up.

No, It’s a hardware issue.  

Santerianumero1 wrote:
The last firmware update made the LED quit. Any idea if this update fixes that? I know it’s not hardware since every once in a while it lights up.

As previously mentioned, the LED issue is most likely hardware. I had a similar intermittent issue with a MBL, but it finally failed completely. I ended up having to send it back to WD for replacement under warranty. However, you indicate your warranty has expired, so you’ll need to contact WD to see how much a repair will cost and determine if it is worth the expenditure or just live with it until you buy a replacement.