New Release - Firmware Version 2.10.12-129 for My Book Live (3/14/12)

WD is happy to announce the latest firmware update for the My Book Live.  For information about the firmware update, please check out the release notes.

Please feel free to post your experiences in this thread.

I just upgraded firmware of my My Book Live network storage to this latest version, however after upgrading, device’s performance downgraded drastically. It is taking too long to open web based control panel and taking long time to get response on every click on mnue options. Please advice, how I can rollback to previous stage.

Thanks.

In addition to performance degradation, I just noticed that the front LED  light (showing any disk operation) also stopped working now after this upgrade. I really doubt, if this upgrade was properly tested before releasing. Total disappointment.!!!

This is my third attempt of installing this product, very disappointing, ready to throw the third unit in the bin and ask for money back…  I am still getting the same error, unable to get the remote access enabled.  I have installed the firmware update and at least this time I can see the dashboard.  What now…any ideas??

So is this a safe update to apply? WD have you tested this thoroughly?

Hmmm. MIne has been stuck 10% into the ‘Upgrading’ progress bar of the Update Firmware window for about 8 hours now. I wonder how to get out of this so I can try again. Will power cycling the unit brick it?

Downloading took about 20 seconds.

Update also got stuck at 10% for about 3 minutes (TOP process was “xz,” so it was decompressing the downloaded file at that point.)

Upgrade step took a total of six minutes to apply.

Took about 90 seconds to reboot, and about another 2 minutes til the “Alert” message about the reboot came to e-mail.

About 15 seconds after that, the UI re-appeared…

Twonky was immediately busy re-indexing my MP3 and video collection…  That took about 6 minutes.

I noticed yesterday that this update was available for my 3TB MBL and went ahead with it. After download was complete, installation was stuck at 10% for about 45 minutes and I figured something was wrong.

Luckily I was able to back up all my files which took about 4 hours and firmware was still stuck at 10% for about 5 hours total, at which point, I unplugged and tried to reboot. Drive booted up, light went green but was terribly slow in responding. Tried the quick diagnostic test which was super slow and ended up getting stuck at 90% after about 30 minutes (usually completes in 2 - 3 minutes). I canceled the test at 90% and got a message that the test failed.

I decided to reboot the drive and the light just stays yellow now. I tried the reset button at the back to no avail. I have already requested service and received an RMA number. Can anyone here suggest other diagnostic options?

Tony, what is your take on this firmware thus far? I am still rockin 01.03.03 with absolutely no problems in my setup and haven’t upgraded due to all the issues with firmware after this point.

Nocastus wrote:

Hmmm. MIne has been stuck 10% into the ‘Upgrading’ progress bar of the Update Firmware window for about 8 hours now. I wonder how to get out of this so I can try again. Will power cycling the unit brick it?

Mine seems to be bricked after update getting stuck at 10% and running a quick diagnostic test after restart.

Backup all your files now if you can!

Yep, mine too. Fortunately I did a backup immediately before trying to apply the update.

Be warned, everybody. Backup before you try this one!

1 Like

nfodiz wrote:

Tony, what is your take on this firmware thus far? I am still rockin 01.03.03 with absolutely no problems in my setup and haven’t upgraded due to all the issues with firmware after this point.

Well, so far so good…  Nothing I use it for has broken…  WD2Go, Twonky, basic sharing, etc…  it’s all still there…

Has this new firmeware the light problem fixed ?

I have updated the twonky server on my mybooklive to 6.00.39 after this firmeware flash i ahev also update the twonky server to 6.00.39?’

thank you for your feedback.

Gizmomete

I also ran into the issue where the upgrade hangs on the “Upgrading … (10%)” message.  I waited about an hour, then closed the browser to the dashboard.  Reopend the browser, but the “Upgrading…” message reappeared again.  I could not get to any other options on the dashboard, but I was still able to click on the link for upgrade on the red notification button. 

I restarted the upgrade through this link and the “Upgrading” message was replaced with the “Downloading…” message.  It downloaded the firmware again, and started the install again and this time completed successfully.  Perhaps thes steps may help others here.  I never rebooted or disconnected the device between these two upgrades, that may have helped me.

The release notes say:

Firmware Version 02.10.12-129
Resolved Issues:
• Resolved issue where dashboard user interface no longer appears after power cycle
• Resolved firmware update issue resulting in remote access needing to be re-enabled
• Resolved issue causing long boot times when the device has no Internet access
• Resolved issue where dashboard user interface does not appear when entering the device
name in the browser URL address field on some networks

Is that all what the update is supposed to do???

It has been about 6 months since the last firmware & that was all that has been done to “fix” problems that are reported; makes me wonder if anyone is really working on the firmware/OS.

Well, those are certainly the most common problems people have been reporting…

Hi I have the same problem since the last update in November and the UI problen isn’t fixed!!!

Aaargh… So I’m stuck on the “Upgrading … (10%)” message, with no access to any other link.  I’ve tried closing the window, opening up dashboard again… no luck… the  “Upgrading … (10%)” message appears again.

Any ideas, WD?

drmrbrewer wrote:

Aaargh… So I’m stuck on the “Upgrading … (10%)” message, with no access to any other link.  I’ve tried closing the window, opening up dashboard again… no luck… the  “Upgrading … (10%)” message appears again.

Any ideas, WD?

Did you try GeeBee’s recommendation?

http://community.wdc.com/t5/My-Book-Live/New-Release-Firmware-Version-2-10-12-129-for-My-Book-Live-3-14/m-p/371981#M9776

There is no red notification button.