New Release - Firmware Version 2.10.12-129 for My Book Live (3/14/12)

Well, here’s an update for my situation.

As I said earlier, the update seemed to go OK, and I got the e-mail about it completing successfully.  But I never got the restart e-mail, which I expected.

File access is normal, but I could not get the Dashboard (aka the UI) to load.

I used the Quick View to shut it down and then powered it up again to restart it.  It started correctly, with the LED going through the correct color sequence.

I tried loading Dashboard from one machine (Windows XP) and the initial background screen did appear.  I picked the “Settings” option and I got this white box with a “Waiting” message and a spinning thing.  After some minutes, probably 10 or so, the Settings menu DID appear.  I clicked on Updates to see the version, and after 10 minutes or so, it did appear and did seem updated.  Just for testing, I clicked on “Shares” and after a while, I got a timeout message.  I went back and forth between the main Settings menu and the Shares menu and it worked once, but each screen taking about 10 minutes to show.

I then shut down my browser and tried to bring up Dashboard again using the Quick View.  So far, it hasn’t shown up and it’s been probably 20 minutes or so.

So I did get it to sort of work once, but it’s certainly not reliable.  Something is still not right.

the HumpMan