New Release - Firmware Version 2.10.12-129 for My Book Live (3/14/12)

WDTony:

“If you have issues with the Dashboard being inaccessible, please contact our customer support team to help you out. You can still access your data through normal means (Samba, AFP).”

Although I never lost access to my data, I still can’t manage or configure the drive, or take advantage of its features, like WD2Go or WD Photo.

How would you react if your car dealer said dismissively, “No, the heater, air conditioning, and windows don’t work, but you can still drive it”?

I have spoken with customer support, and they suggested an RMA, but with the amount of data I have on this drive, I’ll have to go out and buy another drive of the same size to back this up before sending it in. Would they agree to sending me the replacement first?

Update: Sorry, I completely messed up that car dealer analogy. It’s as if your car dealer had said “We took out your dashboard, so you won’t have a speedometer, gas gauge, light switches, radio, or AC controls, but hey, you can still drive it.”   -That’s what I meant.