New Release - Firmware Version 02.10.09-124 for My Book Live (11/17/11)

After a firmware update, the databases are re-indexed. Depending on how much media you have, this can take quite a while. Performance will increase as the processes running the re-indexing complete.

For those of you having issues accessing the MBL through the friendly name, this is likely a DNS cache issue. We looked at this all weekend and did not see any issues on our side. One thing you can try to do is access it like :

http://mybooklive.local (for a PC)

or

http://mybooklive.local. (for a Mac)

Let me know if this helps.

Tony

Any news about the CNID errors?

Performance of the dashboard is fine for me, but read-only filesystem via AFP is … not so cool…

D.

Well - no - no news on that as you are the first to report it in this forum. This issue is not easliy replicatable, so you may need to contact our support to get detailed info on your system (including system logs).

Here is another thread mentioning the problem.

http://community.wdc.com/t5/My-Book-Live/Something-wrong-with-CNID-DB-in-OS-X-10-7-1/td-p/251742

Since the MBL was just unpacked today - I was hoping to find a quick way to maybe fix it with the update (which was directly installed after accessing the dashboard).

I am running Lion 10.7.2 here and SN 10.6.9 - both have the problem. smb works fine.

Any suggestions on how to get the LED working again?

My 2TB MBL’s LED stopped working after the firmware update this weekend… No problems ever since initial unpack/install, but since firmware update this weekend it does not even come on.

rockstar,

That thread was the original thread that mentiOned this issue. We were able to duplicate and solve the issue reported there with this recent firmware update.

There have been no changes to anything with the LED’s with this update (that is hardware).

WDTony wrote:

There was noc hange to the LED’s with this update (that is hardware).

Thanks for that info WDTony.

Since all was fine before the firmware update its obvious that it has casued the LEDs to stop working regardless of the intent of the firmware. I tried the firmware update again in case of corruption and they are still dead.

Anyone with a suggestion on how to get them working again?

I’m on my a RMA’d MBL and instead of a blue led I get nothing, it’s burnt out.

It’s a MBL function and is supposed to work for more than a few months, I would have thought.

I know it’s not a big deal as other functiones of the MBL but I paid for it so I expect/want it to work.

So I have to RMA my second unit to Western Digital once again, paying a shipping cost and being without my nas for a week at least.

I would probably do it but who’s gonna tell me it’s not going to happen with my third unit? Western Digital?

It’s a shame a big company, to say the least, can’t get something so simple resolved or even offer totally FREE replacements to us unlucky customers as it’s very clear it’s a manufacturing defect.

I don’t want to pay anything what so ever for my replacement, nothing, I want WD to get in contact with me and offer me one.

I’m running the latest macbook air with lion. Everything was working fine for me prior to this update. After applying the update, I can’t access 2 folders (shared videos & pictures) from my public share any longer. The error that shows is: The folder “Shared Videos” can’t be opened because you don’t have permission to see its contents.

I’ve been hunting these forums and others but can’t seem to find a fix. However, if I log in from wd2go.com then all folders are accessable. 

Why is this so weird?? Please don’t ask me to delete and recreate the entire folders because I’ve loaded up lots and lots of files (taking almost 3 days for one large transfer) into the existing folders. 

A factory reset solved my CNID problem… 

Tony,

I was thinking of the re-indexing but I was not sure. Thank you for sharing this. I hope that is the only issue.

I am not home right now. In fact quite far away, so I trust by the time I get home, everything will be back at normal.

Thank you,

N

Just upgraded to the latest firmware!

WOW! A lot of changes! Great stuff the manual settings regarding remote access!  I’ve spent a lot of time getting remote acces to work, finally I gave up and restored to factory settings (I really really really don’t want to do that again!! I’m not happy moving tons of data around) now it looks so easy to change port forwarding settings etc etc.

Good job WD! :smiley:

Great to see development on this, however I’m not convinced the standby is working yet, I know you’ve stated there has being lots of testing but one can do all the testing they like is wont be the real world. My drive has had the update for a few days now so it must of indexed all the music by now (about 60gb). So what else can I try to get the standby to work?

mybookW2, wish I could give you answers, but on my own MyBook Live . . .

Nov 22 22:30:59 localhost logger: Enter standby
Nov 22 23:58:19 localhost logger: exit standby after 5240
Nov 23 00:08:23 localhost logger: Enter standby
Nov 23 06:06:27 localhost logger: exit standby after 21484
Nov 23 06:16:31 localhost logger: Enter standby
Nov 23 06:25:08 localhost logger: exit standby after 517
Nov 23 06:35:11 localhost logger: Enter standby
Nov 23 16:53:45 localhost logger: exit standby after 37114
Nov 23 17:03:49 localhost logger: Enter standby
Nov 23 17:17:57 localhost logger: exit standby after 848
Nov 23 17:28:01 localhost logger: Enter standby
Nov 23 17:39:14 localhost logger: exit standby after 673
Nov 23 17:49:19 localhost logger: Enter standby
Nov 23 17:59:08 localhost logger: exit standby after 589

So, standby does work. As WDTony pointed out it could be something else.  Maybe the iTunes server and the Twonky server is having a hard time processing something and keeps touching the drive?

Have you tried turning off all the services?  This being iTunes, Tronky, FTP and remote access?

Maybe some UPnP device is talking to you MBL so much that it’s preventing standby to kick in?  Have you got something on your network which operates out of sight and sound that rouches files on your MBL?  Like a file indexer?

If I get Google Desktop search to index files on the MBL that that prevents my MBL from going into standby.

From what I’ve read, WD’s paid quite a lot of attention to this version of the firmware regarding the standby function.

which log file are you reading the above from?

Myron wrote:

mybookW2, wish I could give you answers, but on my own MyBook Live . . .

Nov 22 22:30:59 localhost logger: Enter standby
Nov 22 23:58:19 localhost logger: exit standby after 5240
Nov 23 00:08:23 localhost logger: Enter standby
Nov 23 06:06:27 localhost logger: exit standby after 21484
Nov 23 06:16:31 localhost logger: Enter standby
Nov 23 06:25:08 localhost logger: exit standby after 517
Nov 23 06:35:11 localhost logger: Enter standby
Nov 23 16:53:45 localhost logger: exit standby after 37114
Nov 23 17:03:49 localhost logger: Enter standby
Nov 23 17:17:57 localhost logger: exit standby after 848
Nov 23 17:28:01 localhost logger: Enter standby
Nov 23 17:39:14 localhost logger: exit standby after 673
Nov 23 17:49:19 localhost logger: Enter standby
Nov 23 17:59:08 localhost logger: exit standby after 589

So, standby does work. As WDTony pointed out it could be something else.  Maybe the iTunes server and the Twonky server is having a hard time processing something and keeps touching the drive?

Have you tried turning off all the services?  This being iTunes, Tronky, FTP and remote access?

Maybe some UPnP device is talking to you MBL so much that it’s preventing standby to kick in?  Have you got something on your network which operates out of sight and sound that rouches files on your MBL?  Like a file indexer?

If I get Google Desktop search to index files on the MBL that that prevents my MBL from going into standby.

From what I’ve read, WD’s paid quite a lot of attention to this version of the firmware regarding the standby function.

So I finally got the device to standby!!! Disabled remote access and iTunes and twonky. It was in standby, however I also turned off my iPad, when. Turn it on again the drive came out of standby so I am testing again this time enabled all the services again and will leave my iPad off for a bt see if this works. Could take some time as twonky is rebuilding the database. Anyone any ideas what will be activating it from the iPad wd2go?

In the bunch of log files that you can download from the MBL, look for user.log.  You can also look at messages which is the same as user.log but a bit more.

That is was I expected, so there is no mention of sleeping in the log at all. Since I disabled everything yesterday and got it to sleep, my second test so far has not seen the drive sleep. I a, now trying by disabling iTunes.

With new firmware , my unit still enter in standby after 10 minutes end exit standby after 6 minutes, i tryed to disable all : remote access, itunes and twonky, but it is still the same thing…

chtisis1033, WDTony

I also have LED issue after last firmware update and it can’t be hardware!!!

When I boot MBL the LED shows all four colors - first blue, then red, the for few seconds white and then green. After it remains green for 5 -10 secs and then goes blank. It stays blank for the most time and randomly blinks green that does not reflect the actual state of the drive. At least it confirms that LED is not burned out in my case as it was said by WD support in previous threads.

Anybody else who notice LED problems after recent update?

And one more thing that I’ve noticed after update - when i’m trying to share via Twonky Media Server 5.1.9 a huge  Blue-ray image (approx. 120 Gb) the server got crashed. Sharing of mkv files as well as images with smaller size (up to 40 Gb) works pretty fine. 

Do anybody have that issue?

Tnx