New Release - Firmware Version 02.10.09-124 for My Book Live (11/17/11)

Just updated to the latest firmware that was released on 17th using automatic update via Chrome, just like what I did a couple weeks back. A little bit of a bumpy ride this time. I applied the update and then suddenly My Book Live got disconnected and even device manager fail to locate it properly (triangle exclamation mark). Tried updating the drivers as well but to no avail. This left me no choice but to reinstall WD SmartWare including the device drivers, in short, everything, before I could get it back online again - WHEW!!

Now the updated version seems to solve nearly everything I’ve encountered so far- thumbnail image preview is now fully functioning, the My Book Live drive icon under My Computer now being corrected (no more 2 identical and confusing icons showing wrong capacity info), lightning fast loading speed, and so much more.

Thank you, WD, for your excellent job and not forgetting us end users, unlike other companies do. You guys are truly one of a kind and please keep up the good work!!