New Release - Firmware Version 02.10.09-124 for My Book Live (11/17/11)

For WDTony,

Thanks for getting back to me on my continuing MBL 3TB Sleep problem. I should have mentioned it in my earlier post in this thread but I took care to move the browser away from the Dashboard while I was looking for the MBL to Sleep. I was however accessing the drive via SSH (via PuTTY) to capture the user.log. From previous trials I realize that if a browser is pointed to the MBL you get entries like:

“Oct 26 00:41:35 localhost apache2: 192.168.0.11 WebUI::session_id=d93e21b83c94185858db5bc3641a913c”

and that this keeps the MBL awake.  I think you may have mentioned this in a previous thread. (I don’t think accessing the MBL via SSH keeps it awake).  Also this continuous drive running (except for a one (1) second spindown every 10 minutes) occurs even if the router is disconnected from the MBL.

There are a couple of apps called Quickview (I have the real old one for viewing files). I presume you were talking about the newer Quickview app associated with iTunes. I don’t have that app nor do I have iTunes loaded on my WinXP SP3 computer. At any rate, no Quickview app was running when the log file was made (and the browser (FireFox 8.0) was not accessing (or even pointed to) the Dashboard). 

Since you don’t seem to have many (any?) drives in-house that exhibit this problem, I would be willing to try “anything” to resove this problem So feel free to ask me to try any sort of test or trial that you can think of to try and capture data that would help your gurus nail down this problem. I think that the MBL is a great concept and congratulations to WD for coming up with it. I would really like to get going with all the things that the MBL was designed for but am reluctant to start until “we” resolve the Sleep issue.

Regards,  WilliamH.