New 3TB MyBookLive

http://support.wdc.com/product/download.asp?wdc_lang=en&fid=wdsfMyBook_Live

going to update option on my dashboard, selected to use the Twonky5MediaServerPatch.deb as the update file. The outcome of this an invalid package error.

Theare surely must be a way of installing Twonky…

Use WinSCP or a similar program and go to /CacheVolume and open the update or upgrade log file and see if you notice any errors and post them if possible.

Honourable nfodiz,

here it is

updateFirmwareFromFile.sh:07/28/13 00:24:14:upgrade start: /CacheVolume/Twonky5MediaServerPatch.deb
updateFirmwareFromFile.sh:07/28/13 00:24:14:check_size=
updateFirmwareFromFile.sh:07/28/13 00:24:15:version_current=024202012
updateFirmwareFromFile.sh:07/28/13 00:24:15:version_newfile=010001
updateFirmwareFromFile.sh:07/28/13 00:24:15:package_newfile=apnc-twonky
updateFirmwareFromFile.sh:07/28/13 00:24:15:master_package_name=apnc
updateFirmwareFromFile.sh:07/28/13 00:24:15:master_package_new=apnc
updateFirmwareFromFile.sh:07/28/13 00:24:15:update_container=twonky
Selecting previously deselected package apnc-twonky.
(Reading database …
dpkg: warning: files list file for package `ramlog’ missing, assuming package has no files currently installed.

dpkg: warning: files list file for package `libparted0’ missing, assuming package has no files currently installed.
18797 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking apnc-twonky (from …/Twonky5MediaServerPatch.deb) …
preinst: currentRootDevice=/dev/md0
preinst: master_package_name=apnc
preinst: update_container=twonky
: Searching for previously installed Twonky binaries…
: not found.
Install not supported
dpkg: error processing /CacheVolume/Twonky5MediaServerPatch.deb (–install):
 subprocess new pre-installation script returned error exit status 1
Errors were encountered while processing:
 /CacheVolume/Twonky5MediaServerPatch.deb
updateFirmwareFromFile.sh:07/28/13 00:24:17:failed 200 “invalid firmware package”
Error fw_update_status: failed 200 “invalid firmware package”

on the dashboard itself, this is what it looks like…as you can see, even DLNA wont scan for files when i click rescan

DLNA Media Server

Streams music, photos, and videos to any compatible device throughout your home.

Media Streaming:

Enable

Media Server Version:
Last Database Update:
Sun 28 Jul 2013 06:56:20 PM BST
Music Tracks:
-
Pictures:
-
Videos:
-

Do you have a folder in /CacheVolume called twonkymedia or is it missing?

If the twonkymedia folder is missing from /CacheVolume download the file here and place it in your Public folder

Now in PuTTY

mv /shares/Public/twonky5.tgz /CacheVolume/twonky5.tgz

cd /CacheVolume

tar -xzvf twonky5.tgz

rm -f twonky5.tgz

Now try running the Twonky Patch again

this is what I get after copying the downloaded file

It looks like from the second picture you extracted the .tgz file using a Windows tool or something?

Just copy the actual twonky5.tgz file to the Public folder. We extract it on the MBL using that tar command so the folder and files all have the proper permissions.

nfo,

Thanks again.

I have done exactly as instructed. pls see the snapshot, MBL is new; this is something I dont get.

dpkg: warning: files list file for package libparted0' missing, assuming package has no files currently installed. 18797 files and directories currently installed.) Unpacking apnc-twonky (from .../Twonky5MediaServerPatch.deb) ... preinst: currentRootDevice=/dev/md0 preinst: master\_package\_name=apnc preinst: update\_container=twonky : Searching for previously installed Twonky binaries... : not found. Install not supported dpkg: error processing /CacheVolume/Twonky5MediaServerPatch.deb (--install):  subprocess new pre-installation script returned error exit status 1 Errors were encountered while processing:  /CacheVolume/Twonky5MediaServerPatch.deb updateFirmwareFromFile.sh:07/30/13 19:42:47:failed 200 "invalid firmware package" Error fw\_update\_status: failed 200 "invalid firmware package" updateFirmwareFromFile.sh:07/30/13 19:48:14:upgrade start: /CacheVolume/Twonky5MediaServerPatch.deb updateFirmwareFromFile.sh:07/30/13 19:48:14:check\_size= updateFirmwareFromFile.sh:07/30/13 19:48:15:version\_current=024202012 updateFirmwareFromFile.sh:07/30/13 19:48:15:version\_newfile=010001 updateFirmwareFromFile.sh:07/30/13 19:48:15:package\_newfile=apnc-twonky updateFirmwareFromFile.sh:07/30/13 19:48:15:master\_package\_name=apnc updateFirmwareFromFile.sh:07/30/13 19:48:15:master\_package\_new=apnc updateFirmwareFromFile.sh:07/30/13 19:48:15:update\_container=twonky (Reading database ... dpkg: warning: files list file for package ramlog’ missing, assuming package has no files currently installed.

dpkg: warning: files list file for package `libparted0’ missing, assuming package has no files currently installed.
18797 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking apnc-twonky (from …/Twonky5MediaServerPatch.deb) …
preinst: currentRootDevice=/dev/md0
preinst: master_package_name=apnc
preinst: update_container=twonky
: Searching for previously installed Twonky binaries…
: not found.
Install not supported
dpkg: error processing /CacheVolume/Twonky5MediaServerPatch.deb (–install):
 subprocess new pre-installation script returned error exit status 1
Errors were encountered while processing:
 /CacheVolume/Twonky5MediaServerPatch.deb
updateFirmwareFromFile.sh:07/30/13 19:48:16:failed 200 “invalid firmware package”
Error fw_update_status: failed 200 “invalid firmware package”

Sunky, do you have a twonkymedia-5 folder at /usr/local  ?

From the logs you posted, it’s erroring out because it’s not finding a twonky binary. I just wasn’t sure which location it is looking for the binary at.

yes i do

Hmm my folder has a lot more files in it. You want me to tar up my folder so you can try again?

Download this file http://www.mediafire.com/?yfhh5qzg1vzl1yd

Copy the file to your public folder

Now in PuTTY

mv /shares/Public/twonkymedia-5.tgz /usr/local/twonkymedia-5.tgz

cd /usr/local

tar -xzvf twonkymedia-5.tgz

rm -f twonkymedia-5.tgz

Now try running the Twonky Patch again

Gimme some good news sunky

You are the best nfo…always on point with your solution; appreciated.

2 for u

1. How do i make twonky scan for my files…i already clicked rebuild and rescan…but nothing happens

2. I have a license for twonky…how do I update my twonky to the latest one.

do you have a script i can copy and paste to putty to have the latest twonky pls

Wooohooo!

1. Do you have media serving turned on for your shares that have media?

If you do, try logging into the Twonky dashboard at your mybooklive ip:9000

Click the wrench icon, maintenance, rescan content directories

1. For your second question, there is a good guide I just have to find you the link

phibertron is the man when it comes to Twonky on the MBL, check his awesome guide here

http://community.twonky.com/twonky/topics/how_to_upgrade_twonky_server_on_wd_mybook_live?page=1

Another thing you can try is turning Twonky off and back on. I have read that it will kickstart the scanning in some cases.

See this post as well as it may be easier

http://community.wd.com/t5/My-Book-Live/new-dlna-server/m-p/573139/highlight/true#M23003

thanks ever so much!