Network no longer acknowledging mybooklive (although green/blue front light on)

Hi, really grateful if anyone can help.

I got a my book live for christmas. At set up it took a few attempts for it to show up as being connected to my router (a BrightBox). It then worked nicely for a week or so, could be connected to on the network of by WD2go.

Now, however, it’s not showing up as being connected to the network,neither “Network places” nor the main router control panel that I access through my browser. Previously it has shown up in both these places.

The device itself appears to be working. The front panel variously is showing a still green light, a flickering green light and a still blue light. I have tried resetting it (by holding the reset button for 4 seconds and by manually powering down (as suggested in the manual) by unplugging the network cable when a solid green light is on (the light then changes) and after 60 seconds disconnecting the power, but nothing has worked.

Can anyone please provide any suggestions?

Thanks,

Pete

1 Like

Hi,

Try connecting the My Book Live power cable directly to a power socket. If the issue continues, the unit would appear to be faulty and needs to be replaced.

In case that the replacement is needed, please see the link below for assistance.

http://websupport.wdc.com/rdsfdc.asp?linktype=rmacreate&portaltype=wd&custtype=end&fs=&ss=&lang=en

1 Like

Thanks, still no better. I’ll give. Replacement a try. Cheers, Pete