Network Connection Error (904) with Android phone

I receive a “Network Connection Failure (904)” when attemping to access my 2TB MyBook Live remotely from my Andriod-powered phone.

The app is WD My Cloud 4.1.0

The phone is a Samsung Galaxy SII running on Android 4.1.2

This does not happen when I am at home and my phone is on the same LAN as the hard drive. 

Thoughts?

Hi and welcome to the WD Community,

Does this happens when you are using a wi fi connection or with the Internet service for your phone? or either way?

Have you tried using a different phone?

This happens whether I am on a wi-fi network, or over 3G/4G cellular (which makes me think this is NOT because I am on my company’s network).

I am going to try later today on an open wi-fi network.

And no, I did not try another phone because I only own one phone.

Hi Phredbird,

Please let the Community know how it goes on the open wi-fi network.

My attempt to connect yesterday on an open wi-fi network (McDonalds) was unsuccessful.  I received the same ‘Network Connection Error (904)’.  That seems to eliminate the network as the culprit.

This morning, I WAS able to successfully connect to MBL using my phone.

I made no configuration changes to the phone, the application, the drive, the network, etc.

The only difference is that today is Thursday, and yesterday was Wednesday.

I hope that this is a one-off problem, and that connection will not be “hit-or-miss” going forward… I expect reliability and consistence out of this product (and as one of the many who have been battling the Java security block issue, I will be monitoring the performance of this drive VERY carefully…)

I cannot access mybook live from my android after setting up the code.  It used to work, before I ever saw the 12-digit codes and also before my nexus was upgraded to lollipop. 

Is it a lollipop issue.  I can see the drive while on my home wifi, but when I turn off wifi or am away from home wifi, I cannot connect.

UPDATE: I did a mybook reboot and it now works at home on my mobile network.  That seems to fix it, but I will check from a remote wifi connection later.