Need Help. Where are my files located on the partition file structure?

Where are my files located on the file structure? I’m trying to make a backup of my files before I unbrick my device. My network won’t see the drive anymore and it just stays on a solid lite blue light. It’s already out of the box and I’m using Linux Reader on Win to read the file structure. I have a 3TB MBL. There are different partitions showing up and I can’t seem to locate my files in any of them. Please help. Thank you.

Well, your best bet is to look.

But based on the sizes shown, I’d guess they’re in the /CacheVolume partition, though that’s not what it’s called on the MBL…

Way ahead of you. That was the first one I went and looked in. Nothing there besides 4 folders - backup, cache, lost+found, shares. I would assume shares, but it just says “there are no recoverable files in this folder”.

Anyone??

bump

Have you tried with a different file system reading tool or an actual Linux system?

Regards,

If you can suggest another Linux Reader for Mac/Win, I’d gladly try it. I’m not familiar with Linux and I wouldn’t know the first thing to do running it.

Unfortunately I do not use Linux file system readers. I use a dedicated Ubutu partition for the purpose of NAS volume access/recovery. However, I am sure there are alternatives available over the Internet.

Regards,

So using a virtual computer like VirtualBox and installing Ubuntu would be able to read the drive and partitions better than a Linux Reader? If so, I’ll give it a try.

Probably not, as VirtualBox doesn’t give you hardware-level access to the SATA ports.

You’d need to use a Linux Live build of just about any distro and run Linux natively.

Yes you are correct. The drive didn’t show up at all when connected via SATA to USB. So I need to install Ubuntu on an actual machine?

bump

bump

cg2006 wrote:

Yes you are correct. The drive didn’t show up at all when connected via SATA to USB. So I need to install Ubuntu on an actual machine?

This is what I have done in the past.

Regards,

How about if I use VMWare Fusion?

cg2006 wrote:

How about if I use VMWare Fusion?

I have not tried that method, so I am unable to confirm.

Regards,

Tried that, did not work. Anyone else suggest anything?

Bump

Bump

Bump