NOTICE: WD2Go.com, My Book Live, and WDMyCloud.com users in relay mode are reporting that connections

We are aware that our My Cloud and My Book Live users are currently experiencing issues with WD servers that enable remote access when using these products.  These issues include poor transfer speeds and/or inability to connect remotely.  We are working very hard to resolve these issues and will resume normal service as soon as possible.  We thank you for your patience and will provide updates as they are available.

Why do we need to go though your severs? I thought this was My Cloud. What does your servers have to do with it?

You need WDs servers if your MBL uses relay mode. You also need WDs servers to be the name and port resolver for your MBL out on the Internet.

If the page is temporarily down, my humble request is, please LET USERS KNOW IT. One simple message would be enoguh - “The page is temporarily down. Sorry for the inconvenience. Check back later.” Is it asking too much?

And in My Live Book settings page: wouldn’t it be nice to let users know that, hypothetically, wd2go.com is down and stop the utterly misleading message “Make sure you are connected to the Internet. (Error 31520)”. I AM connected to the internet. And moreover, My Book Live, in its settings page “Network/Lan configuration/Internet Access” clearly says “GOOD”. 

Just a pretty obvious suggestion.

1 Like

Our My Cloud and My Book Live users are experiencing intermittent issues with WD servers that enable remote access when using these products.  These issues include poor transfer speeds and/or inability to connect remotely.  We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and we are working very hard to resolve these issues and resume normal service as soon as possible.  We thank you for your patience and will provide updates as they are available.

We continue to make progress restoring connections to our My Cloud and My Book Live servers, but some users continue to experience intermittent connectivity and transfer speed issues.  We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and we are working very hard to resolve these issues and resume normal service for everyone as soon as possible.  We thank you for your patience.

How about instead of you giving us a scripted response you give us some real answers?  Seems fairly simple to me.  If it is something you all messed up as to why it isn’t work then own that and give your customers the respect of courtesy they deserve.  These “no answer” responses you all keep giving us is just making all of us madder than we already are and will start losing your customer base if it goes on much longer.  I plan on sending all of this mess to every tech website I can so maybe that will light a fire under you all to fix what you sell.

We have made significant progress restoring connections to our My Cloud and My Book Live servers. We are in the process of validating connections for our entire user base. We recommend that if you are still experiencing connectivity issues to restart your My Book Live or My Cloud device. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

No Kudos stars from me. This is abysmal service support!

For the latest update on service issues for My Cloud and My Book Live, please visit http://www.wdc.com/en/MyCloudUpdate/

1 Like

Corrections for this latest issue have not helped me. I haven’t gotten WD2Go to work in months (Case: [Deleted]).