NAS MBL + Samsung TV 8000 series

Hi all,

I read several posts on that topic, but few solutions . . . Want to stream multimedia content photo, video, music, from my NAS MBL to devices connected to the router. the MBL is “viewed” by my samsung tv, but not the content unfortunately, and something like following message appearing “no content shared”

I’ve really difficulties to understand if the solution to my pb is with the MBL setup, the router or the tv setup

Thanks to all for your help !

Well if you have a DLNA compliant TV you should be able to access the files that you have in the Public folder inside your My Book Live. The My Book Live will use the Twonky  media server to scan and organize and then stream the files that you have in the Public folder.

Chk if you have the Twonky  media server enabled.

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6606/session/L2F2LzEvc25vLzEvdGltZS8xMzI2OTIwMzY2L3NpZC9QUURJUHRPaw%3D%3D

If you do have it enabled, chk if you have any information saved in one of the shared folders (Shared pictures, Shared videos, Shared Music)

Hi,

thanks your reply. twonky media is enabled. have thousands files saved in the shared folders, and very common formats such as jpg for pictures.

When trying with an another smaller external hard drive connected via USB to the router => it works well.

So would mean that there is smthing wrong with the MBL and/or twonky but what ??

thank you for any other ideas

Did you try the access when the led light was blue?

It could be that somehow Twonky doesn’t wake up if it was asleep “too long”.

2 days consectively, my receiver had no access in the morning & it could be that MBL was in standby “too long”; it was ok today when MBL was in standby but I don’t know for how long as I had turned off the receiver & turned it on after returning from the library; the time diff was about 45 min.

I plan to try to see if how long Twonky it takes for Twonky to accept input; even after MBL was ok with my logging in & still no Twonky.  Will see if a “restart” will work tomorrow.  This may be a big bug in Twonky or Apache2.

hmm . . .

interesting . . . i will make my MBL awake and test the different scenarii depending on the led colour

thank you

Whilst I don’t have a solution, I can offer some encouragement. I have an MBL and a Samsung UE46D8000 and can stream pictures, video and music to it with no problem.

Off the top of my head, some really obvious things to check …

Twonky turned on in the MBL?

Folder enabled for media streaming on the MBL?

I have found the menu navigation on the Samsung to be quite tortuous and this has led to me seeing “no content” when I’ve navigated in the wrong way. You need to choose whether it is pictures, video or music you are after and then navigate down until you find the real folder on the MBL where that type of content is stored. I stupidly called my folders PICTURES, MUSIC and VIDEO so it is easy to get confused between the (possibly several) layers of Samsung menu that use these names and the real folders on the MBL.

Hopefully, given it works for me you will succeed and I always reckon it’s worth knowing that it can be made to work while you are struggling to overcome a problem.

It’s all quite simple with Sams and Twonky. Strange you can’t do this… Check web twonky page info about media receivers. If Sams and MBL are in same subnet and twonky been started Sams’s MAC address automatically should be present in this list of receivers. Choose “Samsung TV” and Save changings. Put right path to shared folders and choose right type of contents: /share/DataVolumePublic/Shared Videos - only video and press Save. Take a time twonky aggregate content of that folder and go to Sams’s Source List with Twonky line…